Jeongseon is in the mountains in the eastern part of the Gangwon region. It has a sparse population of 42,000 and offers a great deal of mountain and valley scenery.
- Jeongseon Arirang Festival. Early October, for three days. This festival is held annually to promote Korea's primal folk song — actually, set of folk songs — the Jeongseon Arirang. The festival starts with disguise parades and folk events followed by various sports and cultural events such as performances of Arirang.
- Hwaam Cave. A natural cave that was used to mind gold, Hwaamdonggul has been developed as a theme cave: The Meeting of Gold and Mother Nature. The total area is 1,803 m and it has five special exhibition rooms. Asia's largest golden stalactite wall stands here, 30 m high and 20 m wide, and stalactites in differing types and various sizes.
- Kangwonland Casino. Located above the town of Sabuk in southern Jeongseon county, this is the only casino where both Koreans and non-Koreans are allowed, and features blackjack, baccarat, roulette, tai-sai and big wheel, plus 480 slot machines. The casino is extremely popular, and many Koreans wait all day to get a seat at the tables. If you have a party of five or more foreigners you can, however, reserve a private table in advance. There is also a 2.4 ac. subterranean virtual-reality theme park that provides special experiences in its “Galaxy Park”, various performances by a Russian performance troupe and Chinese acrobats, and many more attractions for the family visitors. The same resort complex includes the High1 ski resort and High1 Country Club, which are connected to the Casino by frequent shuttle buses and to each other by gondola.
- Five Day Market, 58-1, Bibong-ro, Jeongseon. 강원도 정선군 정선읍 비봉로 58-1 (정선읍). Run on the On the 2nd, 7th, 12th, 17th, 22nd, and 27th day of every month, this market sells mountain produce such as Korean red peppers, garlic, herbal medicine, mountain vegetables, corn rice wine and buckwheat paste.
- The Kangwonland Hotel, ☎ . Deluxe, 676 rooms
- The High1 Hotel, ☎ . Deluxe, 197 rooms