Buffalo-Niagara International Airport is less than a 30 minute drive from Downtown Lockport. Lockport is serviced by the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA). Lockport is a 30 minute drive east of Niagara Falls, NY down Route 31.
It is best to rent a car. In the summer Lockport has a tourism trolley. The NFTA bus stops are not far from the downtown attractions.
- Lockport Locks and Erie Canal Cruises boat rides are offered on the Erie Canal, with one proceeding upward through the modern locks for a short cruise, and returning to pass downstream under two lift bridges and then returning to the docks.
- A museum is located in the old lock control structure and contains historic photographs, maps, engineering drawings, and machinery.
- The Canal Discovery Center is housed in an old church about 100 yards to the west of the locks.
- Lockport is home to the widest bridge in North America which spans the canal to the southwest of the locks.
- The Lockport Caves tour can be taken near the locks.
- The Niagara County Historical Society located at 215 Niagara Street in Lockport, NY. It is a complex of buildings that together tell the story of Niagara County history.
- 100 American Craftsmen is an annual show of arts and crafts held at the Kenan Arena. The arena is located on the historic Kenan Center campus.
- Ida Fritz park plays host to the Taste of Lockport every August and to a Cruise Night every Monday during the summer.
- Lockport is now the home of the Molson Canal Concert Series on Fridays in the summer. The series brings national acts to the recently constructed Ulrich City Centre and events are free of admission charge.
- Just outside of Lockport is The Niagara Wine Trail. It features 10 wineries.
- Lockport Cave & Underground Boat Ride, 2 Pine St (NY 78 to Main St, left on Pine), ☎ . Tours normally depart hourly. 10 May - 18 May: Sa Su noon-4PM; 24 May - 20 Jun: daily noon-4PM; 21 Jun - 1 Sep: daily 10AM-5PM; 2 Sep - 13 Oct: M-F 11AM 1PM 3PM 5PM, Sa Su 11AM-4PM. This 70-minute walking tour starts with a viewing of the "flight of five" locks that gave the city its name. A walk along the canal speaks to the industrial history of the area, and then it's into the Lockport Cave, a man-made tunnel built to provide hydraulic power to those canalside industries. A short boat ride takes you deeper into the tunnel before returning to end the tour. $9.00 (ages 4-12: $6.00; under 4: free).
A book on the Erie Canal at the Erie Canal Discovery Center or Lockport Locks and Erie Canal Cruises.
- Molinaro's 90 Walnut St., Lockport, NY 14094
+1 716 438-0631
- Taboo 45 Main St., Lockport, NY 14094
+1 716 433-4222
- DeFlippo's 326 West Ave., Lockport, NY 14094
+1 716 433-2913
- Shamus 98 West Ave., Lockport, NY 14094
+1 716 433-9809
- Danny Sheehans 491 West Ave., Lockport, NY 14094
+1 716 433-4666
- Village Eatery 429 Davison Rd., Lockport, NY 14094
+1 716 433-8959
- Fratellies pizza and sub, west ave, lockport,NY 14094 (next to attitudes bar), ☎ . nice friendly staff, great food, low cost, fast service, homemade dough and sauce. all around great place
- Niagara Hotel
- Pat's Place
- Pot of Gold
- Caddy Jack's
- Danny Sheehan's
- Village Eatery
- Holiday Inn
- Lockport Inn and Suites
- Comfort Inn
- DeFlippo's Bed and Breakfast
|Routes through Lockport|
|END ← Niagara Falls ←||W E||→ Middleport → Rochester|
|END ← Newfane ←||N S||→ Amherst/Clarence → Cheektowaga/Lancaster|