Qax is a city in Azerbaijan's Sheki Region. Gakh is the second region in Azerbaijan for its nature, forests and waters. It's located at the west slopes of Caucasus mountains. Here, it's very good region for tourism. The climate is very cool. In Gakh, there are many monuments, museums, parks, and gardens. Some villages are very good for resting. These include: Saribash, Chinarli, Khum, Lekit, Ilisu, Agchay, Gakhbash and others.
İlisu is the most popular village of Gakh. There was "İlisu Sutanlıgı" before. There are many historical monuments is İlisu such as Sumuk (Sumu) Qala, Shamil (Sheyk Shamil, who was the great leader of the fighters against Russian occupation) Qala, İlisu Mescidi and etc. İlisu has excellent nature. On every side of this village, there are green and tall mountains Greater Caucasus. There are some waterfalls, too. In other words, İlisu is very nice place for tourism. By the way, there some hotels such as ULUDAG, YASIL PARK, HACIXANA, and etc.
- Sozvezdie Miqidana Kafe. Georgian cuisine. (on the road to Ilisu) tel: prices 3-9 AZN
- Sangar Qala Restaurant, Ilisu village. Best traditional cuisine served in a restaurant built French chateau style.
Ilisu Pansionati 22AZN per person+3 time meal
- Ulu Dag
This is an area 5 km North of Qax with various hotels, resorts, restaurants, cottages, and tea houses.
- Qax-Agcay : 12:10, 17:10
- Qax-Aliayli:7:20, 9:00, 13:00
- Qax-Almali: 13:20
- Qax-Baku: 9:00, 21:30, 22:00, 23:00
- Qax-Barda: 9:30
- Qax-Baydarli:7:20, 10:00, 13:00, 15:45
- Qax-Ibaxli:12:20, 15:30
- Qax-Ilisu:7:30, 10:30, 12:00, 14:00, 17:00 .40 AZN, runs from the big bus station to Ilisu and back. The sign is in Cyrillic, so ask if needed.
- Qax-Lalali:7:20, 13:10
- Qax-Qashqachay:7:10, 13:00, 17:30
- Qax-Qum: 7:00, 9:00, 12:00, 14:00, 17:00
- Qax-Sheki:7:40,10:30, 14:00, 16:10
- Qax-Tasmali:7:20, 12:00, 15:00
- Qax-Tbilisi: 8:15, 9:00, 14:00, 16:00
- Qax-Telavi: 15:00
- Qax-Zaqatala:7:40, 7:50, 8:30, 9:25, 10:05, 11:40, 12:20, 13:25, 14:00, 15:30, 17:15
- Qax-Zarna-Lakit:7:20, 13:00, 17:00