Seminyak is a beach town in South Bali.
The next town north of Legian, Seminyak is more upmarket with mostly luxury accommodation and fashionable high-end restaurants and bars. The atmosphere is much more sophisticated and laid-back than Kuta, and the beach in particular is quieter during the day. Seminyak is also the high end spa and boutique shopping capital of Bali. Nowhere is the upscaling of Bali in recent years more obvious than here.
It is hard to imagine that only ten years ago this was a distinctly separate village, and something of a backwater. Development has occurred at an astonishing pace, and as well as absorbing all green space which formerly separated Seminyak from Legian, it is now almost impossible to determine where Seminyak ends and the nearby villages of Petitenget, Umalas and Kerobokan begin. This certainly has its downside, and the whole district has become very congested.
Seminyak is part of the main west coast connurbation in South Bali and it can get very congested with traffic. There are two main routes in. From Kuta and Legian, Jalan Legian runs parallel with the beach and at its western limit, becomes Jalan Seminyak. If at all possible try to avoid this road though, and take instead the eastern bypass called Jalan Sunset. This is almost invariably the quicker route from Kuta and Legian into Seminyak, although it is actually further in distance.
The streets of Seminyak are increasingly jammed, with Jalan Laksmana being a particular black-spot. Your best options here are to walk or rent a motorcycle/bicycle.
A number of roads in Seminyak have alternative names. Whilst this issue is not exclusive to Seminyak, it does seem to happen here more than anywhere else in Bali. There follows a list of road names with the most popular given first and the alternatives afterwards in brackets.
- Jalan Arjuna (Jalan Double Six, Jalan 66)
- Jalan Raya Seminyak (Jalan Raya Basangkasa)
- Jalan Dhyana Pura (Jalan Caplak Tanduk)
- Jalan Laksmana (Jalan Oberoi, Jalan Kayu Aya)
- Jalan Pantai Legian (Jalan Blue Ocean)
- Jalan Mertanadi (Jalan Penjara)
Tourist Information Office
Jalan Raya Seminyak Gang Baik-Baik. ☎ +62 85253 000066. firstname.lastname@example.org 08:00-18:00. A source of information for current events in the city and for picking up a free map.
Seminyak Beach and Petitenget Beach is a continuous expanse of grey sand stretching in both directions as far as the eye can see. To the south it becomes Legian Beach and then Kuta Beach, but is noticeably quieter than both. The sunsets here are famous, and opportunites abound to mix with the glitterati who frequent the high end beach front establishments such as Ku De Ta. Easy access points to the beach are at the end of Jalan Dhyana Pura, and from the large public car park (Rp 2,000) between Petitenget Temple and La Luciola restaurant.
- Pura Petitenget at the beachside off Jl Petitenget is a compact, pretty Balinese temple, which is known for particularly spectacular beach-side ceremonies. There has been a temple here since at least the 16th century, and although this is not one of the key nine directional temples of Bali, it is an important link in the series of west coast temples between Pura Uluwatu and Pura Tanah Lot.
- Nautilus Diving Bali, Jl. Drupadi 72 b, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 09:00 - 19:00. PADI dive center. Courses, trips and safaris around the island. Languages: English, German, Spanish, French and Bahasa.
Spas, massage and other treatments
Seminyak is the high-end spa capital of Bali. Your spa experience here will be one of great luxury in a sophisticated setting. You pay up for all of that of course, but the prices are still 50% or more cheaper than you would pay in a western country.
If you are staying in one of Seminyak's high end hotels there will undoubtedly be an in-house spa service. If you are staying in a villa, then in-villa treatments will almost certainly be offered - check with the staff.
- Amo Beauty & Spa, Jl Petitenget 100x (opposite Bali Catering Company and Kayana), ☎ . 10:00-20:00 daily. A spa run by former model Navia Nguyen that offers massages and various spa treatments. From US$18.
- Amoaras Spa, Jl Laksmana 57, ☎ . 09:00-22:00. Traditional Balinese massage and treatments in a well established spa. From US$25.
- Coco Grande - male spa, Jl. Dhyanapura (in same building like Club Cosmio), ☎ . 11:00-24:00. Male spa offering wide range of treatments and quality services. Staff is male only. Also outcall service. From €25.
- Glo, Kunti Plaza , Jl Kunti 119, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:00-19:00. A self styled hip spa offering many different treatments. Positions itself to appeal to younger clientele than many of Bali's spa establishments. From about Rp 100,000.
- Jari Menari (Dancing Fingers), Jl Raya Seminyak, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 10:00-21:00. Superb massage centre in Seminyak. The team who set up Jari Menari consult worldwide for other spas and massage houses. Also offer massage training classes. From Rp 275,000.
- Prana Spa, Jl Kunti, ☎ . 10:00-22:00. Attached to The Villas, this is one of Bali's very best spas. Themed on a Rajasthan Palace. Massages from Rp 450,000, treatments from Rp 750,000.
- Spa Venus Bali, Jl Raya Seminyak, Gg Plawa No33F (10 min walk from Bintang Supermarket), ☎ . 10:00-22:00. Simple Balinese traditional massage to a complete detox programme including colonic cleansing and fasting, infra red sauna, deep healing treatments, allergy elimination, herbal medicine. From US$45.
- Lagoon Spa, Jl Baik Baik, ☎ , fax: +62 361 735656, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 09:00-22:00. Lagoon Spa offers a wide arrange of indulging body and beauty treatments. With relaxing environment, a Romanesque jacuzzi, sauna, rain shower and public pool. The treatments are drawn on the ancient health and beauty traditions of Asia. From about US$10.
- AJ Hackett Bungy, at Double Six nightclub on Seminyak beach (take Jl Arjuna all the way to the beach, turn right and you cannot miss the tower after about 200 m), ☎ . This is best known bungy jump in Bali, and it is run the famous New Zealand-based AJ Hackett group. The jump is 45 m over a pool, and there is an elevator to the top of the tower. Jumping right by the beach is spectacular at any time of the day, but this jump is open all night so you can take also the plunge accompanied by thumping dance beats. US$79.
Seminyak is the centre in Bali for hip and inventive fashion boutiques, other designer stores and art studios. A good starting point for any shopper would be the legion of small boutiques and designer stores on Jalan Laksmana.
Clothing and accessories
- Bamboo Blonde, Jl Laksmana 61, ☎ . 10:00-21:00. Innovative women's wear and notably helpful and friendly staff.
- Biasa, Jl Raya Seminyak 36, ☎ . 10:00-21:00. This is the flagsghip store of the Bali fashion brand. Lightweight womenswear using natural fabrics.
- Bong's, Jl Raya Seminyak 42A, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 09:00-22:00. This second line store owned by an Indonesian haute couture designer. High end fashion clothing made out of silk, linen and cotton.
- Body and Soul, Jl Raya Seminyak 11i, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:00-21:00. Women's sportswear, beachwear and swimwear. Flagship store is on Jl Raya Seminyak and they also have a outlet in Seminyak Square.
- Indigo & Rose, Jl Seminyak (50 m from Bintang Supermarket) and Jl Oberoi, opposite Seminyak Square, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 09:00-20:00. Sister label of Indigo Kids. Stylish women's clothes, accessories, sandals, jewellery and children's wear. The flagship store is on Jl Oberoi next to Seminyak Square and there is a second store on Jl Seminyak.
- Mario Silver, Jl Raya Seminyak 19 (just south of Bintang Supermarket), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:00-21:00. The retail outlet of one of Bali's leading silver jewellery designers and manufacturers. Wide range of high quality items.
- Milo's, Jl Laksmana 38, ☎ . 10:00-21:00.
- Praia Beachwear, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 10:00-18:00. Local online women's fashion retailer of high-end beachwear, free delivery straight to a Hotel or Villa in Bali.
- Religion, Jl Laksmana 4A, ☎ . 10:00-22:00. A well established fashion boutique. Funky, eclectic and popular with a young clientele.
- Sabbatha, Jl Raya Seminyak 97, ☎ . 10:00-21:00. If bling is your thing, you will like it here. Those of a more tasteful disposition might not. Glitzy, kitschy bags and other accessories.
- Shaman, Jl Raya Seminyak 127 (next to Cafe Seminyak). 09:00-22:00. A funky store which is an outlet for the Shaman Electro brand. Young streetwear.
- we'ar concept store, Jl Laksmana 12 (next to Corner Store). 09:00-22:00. A very nice and colourful store which is the concept store for the we'ar brand. Great yoga we'ar and street wear.
- Buddha Gallery Bali, Jl. Raya Basangkasa, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Extraordinary collection of antique Buddha statues and sculptures, ritual implements and other related items, originating from Thailand, Burma, Laos, China and Japan. starts from US$100.
- Folk Art Gallery, Jl Laksmana 17, Also known as Jl Oberio, ☎ . A great collection of art from all over South East Asia with an emphasis on Burma. fabulous collection of Burmese Buddhas but also beads, textiles, jewellery. Prices are from a few dollars up to US$10,000 (for an almost life-sized Marble Buddha). Caters to collectors or for gifts to take home.
- Kebbath Studio, Jl Laksmana 7, ☎ . 10:00-20:00. The studio of Made Bendesa, one of Bali's leading young abstract artists.
- Lukisan traditional & modern paintings, Jl Kunti 3. 10:00-18:30. Stocks traditional Balinese, Buddhist, abstract, modern and pop art paintings. It is all a bit production line, but this is a gallery with very reasonable prices.
- One World Gallery, Jl Raya Basangkasa 1200B, ☎ . 11:00-21:00. The retail gallery of well established artists and ceramic workers Philip Lakeman and Graham Oldroyd. Innovative, funky and sometimes quite exceptional pieces.
- Richard Meyer Culture, Jl Petintenget 200x, ☎ . 10:00-20:00. An elegant gallery showcasing art, photography and sculpture from contemporary Balinese artists.
- Bintang Supermarket, Jl Raya Seminyak. 10:00-22:00 daily. This is the grand old aunt of supermarkets in Bali. It is a bit faded and old-fashioned looking these days but remains popular, and is a very convenient one stop for those visitors looking for the supermarket-type items that they would find at home. Also has a hardware section upstairs.
- Seminyak Square, Jl Laksmana (on the corner of Jl Laksmana and Jl Kayu Jati), ☎ . 1000-22:00. Chic and modern shopping complex housing designer stores, restaurants and an excellent Periplus bookshop. Most unusually for Seminyak, there is a lot of public parking available here.
If you are looking for Indonesian antiques (genuine or reproductions), or just enjoy browsing for eclectic homewares, try Jalan Kerobokan between the junction with Jalan Seminyak and the next set of traffic lights to the north. This is a very busy road and moving around is not easy, but both sides of the street are lined with numerous furniture, antique and homeware stores. A quieter, but just as rewarding option for similar products, is Jalan Mertanadi which runs parallel to Jalan Kerobokan just to the east.
Two traditional fresh produce markets remain in Seminyak. The most convenient is on the west side of the last bend at the very northern end of Jalan Raya Seminyak, and is widely known as Seminyak Market. A little more out of the way is a similar market in Kerobokan, called Taman Sari. Take Jalan Raya Kerobokan north from Jalan Raya Seminyak until you reach the first set of lights. Turn right and Taman Sari market is almost immediately on your righthand side. Both are best in the mornings from 07:00-11:00, and provide visitors with the opportunity to examine and purchase traditional, fresh local fruit and vegetables.
Over the past 10 years, Seminyak has developed a world-class dining scene. If you want to splurge on one very special dinner while you are in Bali, look no further than the higher end options in Seminyak. Prices are high by Bali standards but on an international scale still good value for the highest quality of food and eating environment. The clientele is demanding here and the turnover of restaurants quite high, so those that make it and stick around are invariably very good.
- Hallo Restaurants, Jl Nakula 4, Seminyak, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. This handy service will deliver food to you anywhere in the Seminyak area. Their menu includes several of the restaurants listed below - you simply order with them and they pass on the order to the restaurant, pick it up and deliver to you. Allow about 45 min for delivery. Particularly useful for those staying at one of Seminyak's private villas, many of which carry a copy of their menu and ordering instructions. If not, you can pick one up at their office or simply check the website. For the extremely lazy, they will even deliver beer and cigarettes. Delivery charge Rp 12,000.
Although they have become harder to find in recent years, there are still some excellent budget options available in the area.
- Baku Dapa, Jl Dhyana Pura. This great value warung is something of a legend in Seminyak. Stays open very late and is popular with the partying crowd. Serves Manado style Indonesian food at very keen prices. Highly recommended as a real taste of Indonesia.
- Café Tahu (Tofu Cafe), Jl Petitenget 20. Popular with locals, this restaurant has raised seating around a central courtyard and offers up a menu of tofu, tofu and more tofu, cooked Indonesian style for about Rp 10,000 per dish. The tofu is all made on premises and you can even buy a pack to take home. Concessions to meat-eaters include satay and grilled chicken.
- Kolega, Jl Petitenget, ☎ . About 11:00-15:00, sometimes open in the early evening also. This simple, unassuming Javanese warung is an absolute institution amongst locals and expats alike. When it first gained the attention of travel guides there was a collective groan, but it has remained remarkably free from attention of the tourist hoardes. Choose your rice (options of plain, yellow and sometimes red) and the dishes to go with it. The various beef, chicken and fish dishes are fabulous, and the vegetables always fresh and fiery. Go easy on the sambal until you understand your heat tolerance. It is hard to think of a better, more authentic introduction to Indonesian food anywhere in Bali. Packed every day, and especially at lunch time. around Rp 20,000.
- Little Green Cafe, Jl Mertanadi 11, Kerobokan (turn north from Jl Sunset into Jl Mertanadi, look for the cafe on your left side after about 300 m), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 09:00-17:00 daily. 100% vegetarian and uses almost exclusively organic ingredients, most of them locally sourced. Excellent homemade cakes, cookies, fruit bars and fresh juices, as well as salads, soups, veggie burgers and daily specials. A little off the beaten path, but well worth the effort to get there. Mains Rp 25,000-35,000.
- Mano Beach Side Café, Seminyak Beach (opposite Pura Petitenget). 10:00-20:00. True to the name, this is a simple but stylish blue building by the beach, offering all sorts of drinks for around Rp 10,000 as well as sandwiches and pasta for around Rp 30,000 — not to mention cool breezes and great sunsets.
- Warung Batavia, Jl Kunti Utara (turn north off Jl Sunset at the Jl Kunti lights and it is on the first bend you reach), ☎ . 11:00-19:00. After years on Jl Kerobokan this long-established warung which serves excellent Javanese food has opened at a location with better parking. Always busy, but lunchtimes especially. Choose your food at the counter and sit at the sociable, shared tables. Spend Rp 25,000 for a fantastic quality meal.
- Warung Sobat, Jl Batu Belig (About half way down Batu Belig on the right hand side heading towards the beach), ☎ . 11:00-21:00. Good value and popular Indonesian restaurant. Main dishes about Rp 20,000 to 30,000.
- Biku, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 09:00-21:00 daily. Exactly what it says on the label, "a tea lounge, restaurant, antiques and bookstore". Quirky place with a lovely atmosphere. Great range of homemade deserts, salads and sandwiches, amongst more formal fare. The traditional English tea, complete with scones and cream, is a real hit. When you have finished eating have a browse through the antique gallery and the branch of Ubud's famous Ganesha Bookshop.
- Cafe Jemme, Jl Petitenget 28, ☎ . 11:00-22:00 daily. Discrete, charming little restaurant set away from the road behind the Jemme jewellery shop. Serves creative food with Asian accents at very reasonable prices for the area. The crispy duck is especially recommended, and leave space for a superb line in desserts.
- Cafe Seminyak, Jl Raya Seminyak 17 (right in front of Bintang supermarket), ☎ . 07:00-23:00. Established in 2000, this is where the local community meets. All day long, this very busy cafe serves breakfasts with French croissants, baguettes and a big English breakfast with beans and sausage. The only downside here is that it is an outdoor cafe right beside a very busy and noisy road.
- Gourmet Cafe (Bali Catering Co Cafe), Jl Petitenget, ☎ . 07:00-21:00 daily. This is the cafe outlet of Bali's most gourmet catering company. Superb salads, pastries, home baked breads, all day breakfasts, Italian coffee, and a quite remarkable range of teas. Also have great line in high quality frozen and fresh ready meals, both here and in their nearby shop. This is very handy if you are staying in one of Seminyak's private villas. Indoor seating area which is non-smoking, and being Seminyak, a large alfresco smoking area.
- Grocer and Grind, Jl Kayu Jati 3x, ☎ . 08:00-22/00. Very contemporary deli-style cafe serving superb sandwiches, salads and pastries, and possibly the best coffee in Seminyak. Free WiFi.
- Junction Cafe, Jl Laksmana (on the corner of Jl Laksmana and Jl Kayu Jati), ☎ . 11:00-22:00. Excellent cafe serving the best baguettes imaginable and salads at lunchtime, and specialising in pasta in the evening. Free WiFi. Belgian owned and operates.
- Le Tebu, Jl Petitenget 40X, ☎ . The French-owned Le Tebu offers diners salads, sandwiches and a few token Indonesian items. Dishes start from Rp 30,000.
- Made's Warung, Jl Raya Seminyak, ☎ . 11:00-23:00. A Seminyak institution first established (in a different location) in 1969. Wonderful Indonesian food in a great location in a courtyard off of the main road in Seminyak. The western food is OK but nothing special; stay with the Indonesian dishes. Certainly not over-priced by Seminyak standards.
- Queen's Tandoor, Jl Raya Seminyak 73, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The best Indian restaurant in Bali by a country mile. Consistently wins awards and it is easy to understand why. Most of the main dishes are around Rp 50,000. Superb tandoori chicken and fish, huge authentic biryanis and much, much more. Also have a delivery service.
- Rumours, Jl Laksmana, Seminyak, ☎ . 18:00-23:00. Incredibly popular restaurant serving great value western food. You cannot book here and there is often a long queue for tables.
- Sate Bali, Jl Laskmana 22A (opposite Samaya resort), ☎ . 11:00-22:00. Low-key but tastefully done open-air restaurant with well presented Balinese favorites like sate lilit (spiced meat on lemon grass sticks), plenty of pork dishes and fresh fish. Rp 50,000.
- Ultimo, Jl Laksmana 104 X, ☎ . 17:00-23:00 daily. Italian food is the go at this popular Laksmana restaurant. Has recently improved enormously. Good pastas and steak and carpaccio are the highlights. Same ownership as Rumours, just a few doors up the street. Mains Rp 40,000-100,000.
- Waroeng Bonita, Jl Petitenget 100X. A vast selection of western and Indonesian dishes, served in a garden courtyard. Prices start from Rp 50,000.
- La Lucciola (on the south side of the Petitenget temple car park). Right on Petitenget beach, serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Home of the Frangipani Bar, a popular choice for watching the sunset.
- Metis, Jl Petitenget No6 (at the Kerobokan end of Jl Petitenget), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. After 10 years as Bali's top French restaurant the former Warisan closed and the management team from there have opened Metis, has ample parking. About Rp 1,000,000 per head.
- Sardine, Jl Petitenget 21 (northern end of Jl Petitenget, almost opposite Metis), ☎ . closed Mondays. Specialises in fish and other seafood prepared with a Mediterranean ethic. Intimate restaurant with a all bamboo design and clear views over the rice paddies. Mains Rp 100,000-150,0000.
- Sarong, Jl Petitenget No19x, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Original takes on Asian street and country food in a chic 5 star setting.
Many of Bali's hippest nightspots are in Seminyak.
- Hu'u, Jl Petitenget, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Part of the Singaporean nightspot chain. The star attraction is the lit central swimming pool, where the bold and the beautiful can jump in. The rest of the complex is chilled-out drinking and dining in the garden and pavilion. Draught beer at Rp 20,000 a glass, with cocktails around Rp 115,000+.
- Ku De Ta, Jl Oberoi (Laksmana) 9, ☎ . Stylish bar-restaurant complex with 2 bars, restaurant seating indoors and beachside divans to laze on while the DJ spins an eclectic mix of music, new and old. Soft drinks from Rp 20,000, cocktails from Rp 70,000, including bizarre selections such as black pepper and grilled pineapple Martini. Gets packed at weekends.
- Lita Gunardi & The Backyard Lounge, Kunti Arcade 2&3, Jl Kunti I, ☎ . 11:00-24:00. A lounge bar and restaurant attached to the Lita Gunardi boutique. The bar serves good cocktails and the restaurant specialises in Italian food.
- The Living Room, Jl Petitenget 2000x, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Just across the road from Hu'u and a similar bar which attracts a similarly hip clientele. Good cocktails and excellent DJ music. The restaurant is unreliable.
- Red Carpet Champagne Bar, Jl Laksmana 42c, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. A fairly ritzy bar p, unsurprisingly, specialising in Champagne. Not as expensive as you might imagine, but by no means a place for a cheap drink.
- Syndicate Club Bali, Jl Blue Ocean (right on he beach, next door to 66), ☎ . 22:00 to 04:00. Late night dance bar with great ocean and beach views.
- Potato Head, Jln. Petitenget (next to W hotel), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Great beach club to mingle through the day and do people watching. Day beds are to be seen and require reservation. Food and drinks are nice. Especially popular for sunset
- Pop's Bar. Nice rooftop bar with dinner options. Great ambiance.
- Motel Mexicola, Jl Kayu Jati No 9, Petingenget Beach, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Mexican bar and restaurant that is popular for the Mexican dishes and the colourful design. Popular for drinks in the evening and the small dishes.
There are numerous gay bars on Jalan Dhyana Pura, the most popular of which is Mixwell.
- Club Cosmo Bali (formerly known as Cabaret Club), Jl. Dhyana Pura 8-9 (Gosha Plaza). 16:00-04:00. The only place with an air-con dance floor, and outside terrace bar. Mid price, busy on weekends.
There is virtually no backpacker accommodation in Seminyak. Budget travellers will generally do better to stay in nearby Kuta or Legian. However, there are some (fairly uninspiring) losmen type places in Gang Bima which runs south off the northern end of Jalan Dhyana Pura, right in the heart of Seminyak.
The main choices are villas and higher end hotels. There are some good bargains to be had in the mid-range though in low season, so shop around.
Beware of false advertising. Only the most expensive "villas" are completely private and self-contained, while many share at least some facilities, and the cheaper ones are just clusters of bungalows.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
|Budget||Under US$ 40|
|Mid-range||US$ 40 to 130|
|Splurge||Over US$ 130|
Any villas listed in this section do not have private courtyards and share facilities like a swimming pool.
- The Harmony Seminyak, Jl Drupadi 234, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. About 200 m from the beach on the junction of Jl Dhyanapura and Jl Drupadi. Simple, functional, modern rooms all equipped with satellite TV channels. Reasonable restaurant and a good-sized pool. Good value for the area. From Rp 350,000.
- Clio Studio Apartment, Jl Raya Seminyak, Gang Mangga 7x (just behind cafe moka), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 13:00, check-out: 11:00. Modern boutique hotel in the minimalist style with thirteen rooms, 4 different kind of minimalist loft spaces, and 5 studio spaces. Very good value by Seminyak standards, Rooms include flat sceen TV, speaker system and free WiFi. Staff are friendly. From US$50.
- Grand Balisani Suites, Jalan Batubelig Beach, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Directly in front of Seminyak Batubelig beach with excellent sea view. Satr From US$80.
- Ivory Resort Seminyak, Jl. Raya Petitenget 35, ☎ , fax: +62 361 8475469, e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. A resort in the minimalist style with 23 rooms and 1 two-bedroom villa. Very good value by Seminyak standards. Free WiFi available in rooms and throughout resort area. Staffs are friendly. From US$80.
- Ixora Resort and Villas, Jl Cendrawasih 99, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Small hotel in just about as a quiet setting as you will find anywhere in Seminyak. Breakfast and room service but no restaurant. A good value option in a nice spot. From US$ 70.
- Kokonut Suites, Jl Petitenget 88 (next door to Metis), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. This well presented, modern all suite hotel is extremely good value by Seminyak standards. One and two bedroom suites offered. In-house spa, gym and business centre. Moderately priced restaurant. From US$ 90.
- Puri Cendana, Jl Dhyana Pura (at the beach end of Dhyana Pura, close to The Sofitel), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A simple, old-style Bali hotel that almost seems a little out of place in Seminyak these days. Great value though for his area and it is only 50 m from the beach. Has a lot of loyal repeat custom. The restaurant is ordinary but lots of good options within easy walking distance. From US$50.
- The Seri Suites, Jl Umalas I No 42 (off Jl Kerobokan), ☎ , fax: +62 361 730784, e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Surrounded by rice paddies with a relaxing, quiet environment. Less than 10 min by free shuttle bus from the main shopping, eating and beach areas of Seminyak. One, two and three bedroom suites available. From Rp 800,000.
- Seminyak Lagoon All Suites, Jl. Dewi Saraswati III No. 4, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 40-metre lagoon pool, 19 rooms, balcony/terrace, seating area, in-house movies, and kitchenette. from USD 90.
- New Pondok Sara Villas, Jalan Arjuna (Double Six Street) Gang Raja, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. one and two bedroom villa, a traditionally elegant villa living, close to seminyak beach From USD 120.
- Bali Agung Village, JL.Sarinande No. 3 Seminyak, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Balinese style accommodations in Seminyak area, close proximity to several shops, restaurants and entertainment venues From USD 50.
- M Suite Bali, Jl. Nakula Gang Baik-baik, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Deluxe rooms for couples and suites with one or two separate bedrooms and bathrooms catering for families. From USD 50.
- Summerhome Seminyak, Complex Umasari, Block D No.1 - Petitenget, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 11 bedrooms, bed & breakfast type accommodation From USD 45.
- Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa, Bali, Jl Dhyana Pura (right on the beach at the end of Jl Dhyana Pura), ☎ . Situated on 3,500² m of Seminyak beachfront with 59 suites of approximately 80² m each. Tastefully furnished and decorated 5 star boutique resort. Clear and direct ocean views from all the suites.
- Bismarkia Suite (Bismarkia Suite), Jalan Intan Permai No.18, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Spacious, with a private pool, private parking, equipped kitchen, air-con and an expansive living room area. One to four bedroom suites available. US$129++.
- Breezes Seminyak Resort and Spa (Contiki Resort Bali), Jl Dhyana Pura, ☎ . Previously a Contiki Resort designed exclusively for the 18-35 age range. Multi-level pool with bar, lounge bar & nightclub, modern architecture, day spa, tennis court. Free shuttles to Kuta.
- Chez Bali Villa and Spa, Jl Beraban, ☎ +62 361 736304/5. 17 villas with a large shared pool. Prices range from Rp 1,700,000-4,600,000 per villa in the high/low season, including breakfast. Complimentary airport pick-up.
- Cicada, Jl Pura Telaga Waja, Petitenget (on the entrance road to Sentosa), ☎ . 6 contemporary single and double storey townhouses, set amongst tropical grounds, opening out to a shared 25 m lap pool and jacuzzi.
- The Haven, Jl Raya Seminyak 500, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 160 room contemporary-styled hotel. Offers regular hotel rooms, suites and a few private villas. Big downside is the noisy location on the busiest part of Jl Raya Seminyak.
- The Legian, Jl Laksmana, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. On the beach in Petitenget. An impressive 5 star property, the prices are amongst the highest in Bali. Restaurant, spa and gym facilities.
- The Samaya, Jl Laksmana. Stylish villa resort with 46 villas, 24 of which are along the fashionable Seminyak beachfront. It has its own restaurant called The Breeze, and you get 180⁰ beach and ocean views from its Olympic-sized swimming pool.
- jas villas bali, JL. Laksamana, Gang Bugis, Oberoi Seminyak, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. One and Two Bedroom Villas in Seminyak, Each villas are came with a fully equipped kitchenette, a comfortable lounge and private pool From USD 120.
Villas listed here are either private individual properties with their own pool, or are within a all-villa hotel which offers only completely private units.
- GoCanggu (Jl Canggu Club), e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. Private 4-bedroom villas with pool and a fully equipped kitchen. Daily housekeeping. AU$200 per night.
- Jas Green Villas (JL. Laksamana, Oberoi Seminyak), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. from 40 rooms, One and Two Bedroom villas with private Pool AU$90 per night.
- Kutaville, Jl. Kayu Aya 57, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Simple, private and value holiday villas, with one main big swimming pool and pool side bar. from USD 90.
- Leacott Retreats (Jl Pantai Berawa), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. Private 3-bedroom villa with pool and a fully equipped kitchen. Daily housekeeping, private driver for 10 hr/day. Each bedroom has its own bathroom. 24 hr security and resident dog. AU$330 per night.
- Villa Lulito, Jl Kayu Aya, No. 12B, Oberoi, ☎ . 4 bedroom villa. US$1,100-1,800/night.
- Villa Bugis, Jl. Drupadi gang Cempaka 14, ☎ , fax: +62 361 8476019, e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. From US$260/night.
- Aqua Villa (Jl Kayu Jati). Tropical villa with modern architecture, 4 master bedrooms all with ensuite, 20 m private pool, an entertainment room with flat screen TV and pool table. Walking distance to Petitenget beach. Fully staffed, including a private chef. US$775-1,250 per night.
- Danoya Villa, Jl Batubelig 559 (before Naughty Nuri's, left side of the Batubelig road), ☎ , fax: +62 361 4733372, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 20 private villas of a mixed Mediterranean and Balinese style including 1-5 bedroom private pool villa, kitchen, all rooms have air-con and private bathroom. Walking distance to Batubelig beach. 24 hr reception and security. Room service available from 07:00-23:00. US$360-1,250 per night.
- Atas Ombak (right on Batubelig beach). 5 bedroom beachfront villa sleeps up to 10 people. Private pool and extensive gardens over a one acre property. Fully staffed with 20 person team, including private cook, maids and security. From US$1,500 per night.
- b villa (email@example.com), Jl Braban, ☎ . Contemporary, minimalist 1, 2 and 3 bedroom private villas within a managed complex. In a quiet spot and quite good value by Seminyak standards. From US$ 235.
- Bali Aroma Exclusive Villas, Jl. Batu Belig Gg. Pelangi No 8. 11 furnished villas with private pool in a quiet area. from US$155.
- Beach House (located on Petitenget beach). Contemporary 4 bedroom villa that fronts onto the beach. Has private pool and is fully staffed. From US$975/night.
- Chandra Luxury Villas Bali,, Jl Sari Temuku (Gang Sandat) Seminyak, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. 2 and 3 bedroom private pool villas. 3-bedroom has the option of an additional bedroom or nanny’s room. from US$484/night.
- The Dusun, Jl Kayu Jati No 8, Petitenget (just off Jl Petitenget), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Full service villa resort. 14 private villas with either 1 or 3 bedrooms. All have a full kitchen and their own small private pool. These have been around for a while, and some might find them a bit old fashioned compared to the newer villa offerings in Seminyak. Still a good option, and a well managed property. US$260-465.
- Grace's Villa (Villa Lumbung No 9), Jl Petitenget 1000x (located to the rear of Villa Lumbung Hotel), ☎ . Ethnic decor, gated community with around-the-clock security. 700 m from the beach. 4 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, pool, garden, fully-equipped kitchen, free WiFi. From US$350 for the villa, singles rooms for less.
- Kubu Pesisi Villas, Jalan Kayu Cendana No. 7A, Oberoi, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Gorgeous villas surrounded by spacious and delightful tropical garden. From US$300.
- The Kunja, Jl Lebak Sari No 8 (just off Jl Petitenget), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Full service villa resort, 18 villas (1 and 3 bedroom options). All villas have a full kitchen and their own private pool. US$290-590.
- Kunti Villas, Kunti II (10-minutes' walk to Legian Beach), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Has 7 private villas complete with private swimming pool, sun deck, kitchen, mini bar, semi open bathroom with shower and bathtub. Consists of 4 1-bedroom private pool villas and 3 2-bedroom private pool villas. $142 - $273.
- Lataliana Villas, Jl Camplung Tanduk, e-mail: email@example.com. Stylish two-villa enclave with spa, flower-filled gardens, gourmet cuisine and top-rate service. Quiet but central Seminyak location near the beach. Villas provide a 5 bedroom or a 2 bedroom option. The two villas can be rented individually or together. From US$445.
- Maya Sayang, Jl Mertasari No1, ☎ . Boutique villa resort offering all the usual services. 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas, all with their own private pool. Japanese-owned. From US$350.
- My Villas in Bali, Jl. Camplung Tanduk No. 24, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 800m walk to beach. Each villa has a private pool, marble bathroom and private garden entry. Full butler service and daily breakfast provided. From USD$250.
- The Residence Seminyak, Jl Pangkung Sari No 1A, ☎ , fax: +62 361 847 8167, e-mail: email@example.com. Managed estate of 12 privately owned villas. 2-5 bedroom villas available each with its own private pool. From US$300.
- Sentosa Villas and Resort, Jl Pura Telaga Waja, Petitenget, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Each villa has its own pool. Common areas include a gym and spa. The only downside is the food, which is dreadful for such an otherwise quality property: eat elsewhere. 10 min walk to Petitenget Beach. From US$550.
- The Seri Villas, Gang Telaga Waja, ☎ , fax: +62 361 732293, e-mail: email@example.com. 9 luxury pool villas of either 2-3 bedrooms. 5 min walk to the beach. In-house spa service, friendly team of staff and free shuttle service in Seminyak area. US$400-720 per night.
- The Seminyak Suite - Private Villa, Jl Raya Seminyak 17, ☎ , fax: +62 361 738585, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 17 contemporary Balinese style private villas, each has a personal garden compound and a private swimming pool. Located down a secluded lane way. US$375-700 per night.
- Sitara Villas Bali, Jl Raya Kerobokan and Jl Laksmana, e-mail: email@example.com. 5 private villas in the main shopping and dining areas of Seminyak, pool, fully staffed, airport transfers and all inclusions From US$280.
- Villa Azaya, Jl Cendrawasih. Contemporary 5 bedroom villa 50 m from Petitenget Beach. 20 m pool and high-end sound system. Fully staffed with chef, maids, gardener and security. US$800-1,350 per night.
- Villa Seminyak Estate & Spa, Jl Baik Baik,, ☎ , fax: +62 361 735656, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 76 rooms in 52 villas. US$180-750/night.
- Jas Boutique Villas, Jalan Raya Seminyak, Gang Taman Sari, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 18 private villas, each of which features a kitchenette with full-sized refrigerator/freezer, microwave, a separate dining area and private pool. From US$ 160.
- Villa Elegancia Bali, 29 Jalan Braban. Private villa.
- Villa Oost Indies (Villa Oost Indies), Jl. Laksmana, Gang Astinapura, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 2-bedroom villa with private pool.
- The Club Villas, Jalan Laksamana Basangkasa, Kuta Utara (the heart of Seminyak, opposite the Ultimo Italian Restaurant), ☎ . Offer 34 private villas with private pools, kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. Personalized service, SPA facilities, 24-hour security and front desk, laundry service, daily housekeeping and room service, contemporarily Balinese design. Available as 1-bedroom private pool villa, 2-bedroom pool villa, 1-bedroom honeymoon pool vlla, family 2-bedroom pool villa, family and 3-bedroom pool villa. $177 - $411.
- Villa Cantik in Oberoi, Jalan Kayu Aya, Oberoi - Seminyak Bali, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 3 bedrooms villa located just 5 minutes away from Seminyak and the famous Oberoi street where you can enjoy the best restaurants, the finest shops and other nightlife spots.
- Villa Desuma, Jl. Kayu Aya, Gg Astinapura, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 4-bedroom private villa with private pool in the heart of Seminyak.
- Villa June in Oberoi Seminyak, Oberoi Seminyak Bali, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 4 bedrooms villa located in the heart of the trendy neighborhood of Oberoi, within only minutes of all convenience stores and some of the most beautiful restaurants and shops in the Seminyak area.
- Villa Ricci Batubelig, Jalan Batubelig Gg Gelatik Seminyak Bali, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 2 bedrooms villa lies nestled in the heart of the Batubelig area, bordered by ricefields less than 10 minutes’ walk to the beach (and its magnificent sunsets) and just a few minutes’ drive from the shopping streets of Seminyak, the trendiest area in the southeast of Bali.
Seminyak is the centre of Bali's party drug scene with offers of ecstasy and cocaine especially common. Pay heed to the advice here, and avoid at all costs.
Indicative of its place in the elite group of high end Asian travel destinations, Seminyak has its very own lifestyle magazine. The Yak  is an impressive, glossy magazine produced four times each year, and has the full run-down on the Seminyak scene: happening restaurants and bars, fashion boutiques, and reviews of the latest hip hotels and villas. Pick up a copy at any local news-stand for Rp 70,000.
- The bright lights, shopping centres and traffic jams of Kuta are just 15 minutes away to the south.
- The rural tranquility of Canggu is 25 minutes drive to the north.
- The temple of Tanah Lot, famed for its sunsets, is 40 minutes away by car.
- Further to the south lie Jimbaran, famous for its luxury hotels and beach front dinners, and the Uluwatu area, which boasts top beaches and cultural destinations, such as the Uluwatu temple.
- To the east and the other side of the island, one will find sedate Sanur - one of Bali's oldest tourist destinations featuring a mix of tourist attractions.