Stillwater is a city in Minnesota.
From Minneapolis or Saint Paul, go east on MN Highway 36, which will take you straight to Main Street in Downtown Stillwater. If approaching Stillwater from the north or south, you can take scenic MN Highway 95 into town.
- Stillwater Lift Bridge. One of only two vertical lift bridges in Minnesota, this bridge connects Stillwater and Houlton, Wisconsin.
- Stillwater Public Library, 224 N 3rd St, ☎ . M-Th 10AM-8PM, F-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 1PM-5PM (seasonal, check website). One of the Carnegie public libraries, the building was expanded in 2007. There is free wifi available throughout the library and a patio providing picturesque vistas of the St. Croix River. Free.
- St. Croix River. Lounge on the beach where there is always tons to see.
- Country Charms Antiques, 124 S Main St, ☎ . M-Th 10AM-5PM, F-Sa 10AM-6PM, Su 11AM-9PM. Multiple dealers; wide selection; modern and well-lit facility
- Marx Wine Bar & Grill, 241 S Main St, ☎ .
- Domacin Wine Bar, 102 S 2nd St.
- Freight House, 305 S Water St.
- The Elephant Walk Bed and Breakfast, 801 W Pine St, ☎ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11:30AM. Each room has a different country's theme. Guests are offered a bottle of wine with a picnic basket of homemade crackers served with a variety of cheese and fruit. Fireplaces, whirlpools, in-room refrigerators filled with complementary waters and soft drinks. Sound systems with iPod hook ups. $139+.
- Aurora Staples Inn, 303 N 4th St, ☎ , toll-free: . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. All rooms have double whirlpool tubs, complementary robes, fireplaces, and private baths. Rooms $119-$199, Suites $119-$229, Carriage House $159-$245.
- Water Street Inn, Restaurant, and Irish Pub, 101 S Water St, ☎ . Spacious 41-room inn overlooking the St. Croix River with views of the Stillwater Lift Bridge. Rooms feature queen sized beds, double whirlpool baths, gas fireplaces, and balconies. Breakfast, wine dinners, and American cuisine offered at the on-site restaurant and Irish pub.
- St. Paul (25 min by car, public transit available)
- Minneapolis (45 min by car, public transit available)
- Duluth (2~3 hrs by car)
|Routes through Stillwater|
|Saint Paul ← Oakdale ←||W E||→ END|
|Minneapolis via ← Roseville ←||W E||→ becomes → New Richmond → Bloomer|
|Saint Cloud ← Taylors Falls ←||N S||→ Bayport → Cottage Grove|
|END ← White Bear Lake ←||W E||→ END|