Tahoe City is a town on the California side of the Lake Tahoe region. The was once the site of logging and hunting activity for the northern Tahoe Basin, now it is little more than a year round vacation town catering to visitors and locals daily needs.
The town its self contains a couple of dozen restaurants, multiple bars, sports shops, banks, boat marinas, the Tahoe Yacht Club, and a couple large chain grocery stores.
The easiest way is by car, from US Interstate 80, follow State Route 89 south to the Lake.
North Lake Tahoe runs TART buses. . There are also several taxi companies. You can rent bikes from Olympic Bike shop in Tahoe City. Hitchhiking is also popular - locals are kind and give rides.
- Tahoe City Marina.
- Dave's Taxi Tahoe, Tahoe Vista CA, ☎ . 24. Great local cab owner with newer suburban. Airport and local service to Northshore, Truckee, Tahoe Vista, Carnelian Bay, Incline Village and more. Flat rate airport runs to and from Reno, airport, Truckee airport and Sacramento airport. $.
Many of the Ski areas become mountain bike trails in the summer. Float down the Truckee river for a leisurely activity. Bicycle, in-line skate or walk the many miles of paved path along the North Shore of Lake Tahoe or Truckee River.
- Scraps Dog Bakery and General Store 950 N Lake Blvd #10, Tahoe City, CA - (530) 584-0220
- Tahoe Dave's Skis & Boards  600 & 590 N Lake Blvd Tahoe City, CA (530) 583-6145
- Swigard's True Value Hardware 200 North Lake Boulevard Tahoe City, CA (530) 583-3738
- The Bridgetender Traditional American cuisine and bar food: burgers, fries, sandwiches, salads, soups, steak, etc. topped of with a full bar and dozens of beers on tap.
- Lake House Pizza Pizza, Pasta and other bar food, located on the water behind Christy's, recently remodeled after a fire.
- Garwoods Named after the wooden boats occasionally seen on the lake this is a year round favorite that has its own pier and adjacent marina. It houses a full bar, gourmet restaurant and its famous "wet woodies" a frozen house cocktail known for its potency.
- Rosie's Cafe Located in Tahoe city a year round local favorite for breakfast and casual meals.
- Christy Hill High end (for Tahoe) restaurant located directly on the lake in Tahoe City. Good food, nice ambiance, great views if you go before it gets dark
- Big Water Grille: American contemporary cuisine with Mediterranean and Pacific Rim influences. Mountain top lake view. Entrees: $19 - 26.
- Conrads An upscale barbeque featuring steak and chicken with an array of salads, located at the Biltmore in Crystal Bay. Entrees: $12-25.
- Soule Domain Cozy, elegant log cabin, featuring creative regional cuisine. Voted by locals "Best place to take a date." Entrees: $17-25.
- Pierce Street Annex. Features a busy and crowded dance floor on Saturday nights, depending on the season.
- Pete and Peter's. More of a local bar feel with shuffle board and weekly drink specials.
- Rosie's Cafe. A local restaurant and breakfast spot with a separate bar that is open every night.
- The Bridgetender, 65 W Lake Blvd, ☎ . Just south of Fanny Bridge this is an longstanding Tahoe favorite with a full bar and restaurant serving great burgers and other bar food.
- Garwoods, east of Tahoe City on state route 22 in Carnelian Bay
- Sunny Side, south of Tahoe City on State Route 89. More relaxed and upscale atmosphere than the bars in Tahoe City.
- TC's, (530) 562-2250, is the place in Northstar to be for an après ski, starting around 2PM appetizers can turn into late lunch or early dinner. Dinner in the adjacent restaurant begins at 5:30PM.
- Sol y Lago, 760 North Lake Boulevard. upstairs in Tahoe City’s Boatwork’s Mall, (530) 583-0358. The large bar area is a great place to meet après ski for terrific tapas and south-of-the-border drinks.
- Evergreens, ☎ . Casual, good California natural food. Even has a toy area for kids.
- Americas Best Value Inn Tahoe City. Member of a large budget chain this is located in the heart of down town Tahoe City. Large parking lot, 25" Remote Color TV, Seasonal Pool, Year around Lake View hot tub, New Sandy Public Beach located IFO the Motel, public golf course behind motel, surrounded by Lake Tahoe, National Forests, Squaw Valley Ski, Alpine Meadows and the largest North American Nordic ski area.
- BW Station House Inn, 901 Park Avenue, ☎ . South Lake Tahoe. Best Western Station House Inn features a complimentary full breakfast, a variety of specials and packages, meeting facility and easy access to shopping and dining in the Lake Tahoe area. The hotel offers packages with ski resorts, golfing, and wedding.
- Pepper Tree Inn, 645 N. Lake Boulevard, toll-free: . Located on North Lake Tahoe.
- Tahoe City Inn, 790 North Lake Blvd. Tahoe City, Ca. 96145, ☎ , toll-free: . Check-in: 2pm, check-out: 11am. Located in the heart of Tahoe City, California, on Lake Tahoe's North Shore, the Tahoe City Inn has moderate to up-scale rooms, walking distance to more than fifteen restaurants and less than a quarter of a block to the Lake. Winter or summer, the Tahoe City Inn is the perfect place for families looking for the best in outdoor recreation or for a couple looking for a retreat! Complementary breakfast (weekend only), Lakeview rooms, Satellite TV, and Wireless Internet.
|Routes through Tahoe City|
|Mount Shasta ← Truckee ←||N S||→ Homewood → Jct N S|