Playas de Tijuana is the beach neighborhood of Tijuana. It includes the Bullring by the Sea, and some decent restaurants, but is mostly residential. The beaches are considered inferior to nearby Rosarito and are not a big attraction.
- Monumental Plaza de Toros - Not used for bullfighting anymore but the place for concerts, cultural gatherings, sport events. The stadium was opened back in 1960 and its just a few meters away from the U.S. border. [Del Pacífico 4 Sección Monumental Playas de Tijuana 22504 Tijuana, Baja California]
- The Lighthouse - Close to the bullfight arena, the Tijuana lighthouse is the first one built in the city and consequentially in all of Latin America. The building stands at 105 ft., and the white light can be seen every 6 seconds for 22 miles. The lighthouse is located at the beginning of Avenida del Pacifico.
- Monumento Fronterizo (The Obelisk) - The obelisk, erected in 1851 shortly after the Mexican-American War, marks the border between Mexico and the United States.
- Paseo Costero (Beach sidewalk) - Starts at the Lighthouse at the extreme north of the Pacific Mexican coast, it is the seaside district sidewalk of Tijuana. It is filled with coffee shops and seafood restaurants on the side.
- Sobre Ruedas (Street Market): Avenida Paseo Playas. Hours: Only Mondays from 7AM to 1:30PM. You can walk and get from cleaning products, toiletries, clothing, toys, fruits and vegetables, vintage furniture, etc.
- Latitud 32 (cafe). A great little beachfront cafe located along the boardwalk (malecon) in Playas De Tijuana. This little spot really fills up on weekend nights with a very hip crowd, mostly locals, but is also a relaxed place read a book or just enjoy the view during the afternoon. Regular special events such as a drum circle (Sundays), independent films (Thursdays), live music, DJs as well as art expositions. Serving coffee and exspresso drinks and sandwiches $5-$10.
- El Yougurt Place (Cocina Naturista), ☎ 664-680-2006. 7:30 to 8-30. Excellent natural meals at a reasonable price and in a pleasant atmosphere. Gets very busy on weekends, but is worth the wait. A local favorite. Located on the east side of the "Bullring-by-the-Sea" (Plaza Monumental), less than one-hundred yards south of the U.S./Mexico border fence. Closed Mondays. $6-$12.
- Latitude 32 (Cafe). afternoon to ?. A great little beachfront cafe located along the boardwalk (malecon) in Playas De Tijuana. This little spot really fills up on weekend nights with a very hip crowd, mostly locals, but is also a relaxed place read a book or just enjoy the view during the afternoon. Regular special events such as a drum circle (Sundays), independent films (Thursdays), live music, DJs as well as art expositions. Serving coffee and exspresso drinks and sandwiches $5-$10.
- Fiesta, near the beach, to one side of the bullring in Playas de Tijuana. This bar has everything an American sports bar has and more. It has rock and roll and dance music to listen while you see sports or play pool. It has two separate bars one for beer and fun drinks the other is the same but more cozier. Favored by locals, worth a look.
- Arco Iris Taberna (Cafe), Ave Pacifico 395, ☎ 631 8290. 2 to 10PM. A two level beach cafe located on the main ocean street in Playas De Tijuana. Excellent sunset views of the beach and Pacific Ocean. Everyone is welcome. $5.
- Bar Matt (Bar), ☎ 664.349.0372. 5PM to 2AM. Cozy little bar for listening to music (Top 80's, 90's, 21st century). They also broadcast sports events and have beer happy hours from 5 to 7PM from Tuesdays to Sundays. Ave Paseo Playas de Tijuana 226 Seccion Jardin Del Sol Playas De Tijuana Tijuana 22504