Tory Island is an island located about 11 km off the north-western coast of County Donegal.
The only access to the island is by ferry. Ferry times are dependant on the weather, the tide, and the time of year, and run from Magheroarty and Bunbeg. It's best to call the pier office in Magheroarty to confirm the day before you go on +353 74 9135061
There are two "towns" on the island, called simply West Town and East Town and the best way to explore the island is by foot or by bicycle, which can be hired on the island (Phone 00353(0)74 9165614)
- Balor's Teeth and the granite cliffs, on the east side of the island.
- The Tau Cross is a reminder of St. Colm Cille's monastic period on the island. Carved from a single slab of slate, it is considered to be of great importance to the fishermen,who pray there before going fishing.
- The Round Tower was built in the sixth century and is made of granite.
- The Lighthouse was built between 1828 and 1832 and was manned until 1990.
- Meet the King of Tory, Patsy Dan Rodgers. The title is not inherited but rather bestowed on the bearer by the islanders. Patsy Dan represents the people and tries to meet every visitor who lands on the island.
- Creggan Restaurant +353 74 9135856
- Tory Hotel +353 74 9135920
- Tory Hostel +353 74 9165145
Bed and Breakfasts
Graceanne Duffy( Bord Failte Approved) +353 74 9135136
Eílís Nic Ruairí +353 74 9135512
Máire Nic Fhionntaigh +353 74 9135856
Noelle & Eddie Doohan +353 87 7950176
Jimmy Rodgers' Self-catering apartments +353 74 9165152