Ucluelet is on Vancouver Island's West Coast, accessible by boat and Highway 4. It is about 100 km southwest of Port Alberni (a 1.5 - 2 hour drive).
Most of the town and surrounding area can be seen by walking and hiking.
- West Coast Fitness Centre 3000 square foot facility fully equipped gym (with view of the small craft harbour), pool, sauna, tanning, showers for campers/surfers 279 Hemlock Street 9-9 Mon-Sat 9-6 on Sundays.
- 'Big Beach' is so much fun to explore!
- Wild Pacific Trail 
- Ucluelet Aquarium 
- Pacific Rim Whale Festival 
The Thornton Inn has the best deals on rooms in the area (at least in the off season).
- West Coast Motel, 279 Hemlock St (800 metres past WELCOME sign), ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. seasonal.
- Surfs Inn, 1874 Peninsula Rd, ☎ .
- Water's Edge Resort, 1971 Harbour Crescent, toll-free: .
- Black Rock Oceanfront Resort, 596 Marine Dr., toll-free: . Check-in: 4pm, check-out: 11am. $$$.