I'm Ryan, and I travel to cold places when I can afford to do so - I've been fortunate enough to make three visits to Alaska and three trips to the Antarctic. Occasionally I'm found on roadtrips in the United States living in the back of a Subaru, and in moments of temporary insanity I have also led groups of friends to the Galapagos Islands to swim with sharks and whales.
When not traveling my home is in Culver City (near Los Angeles). Other places where I've slept in the same room for extended periods of time have included the Bay Area, Cleveland, Nashua (NH), and to a lesser extent Phoenix, Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur.
Photos, travel logs, contact information and other nonsense can be found at mountaininterval.org.
Here at Wikivoyage I'm one of the site's soulless functionaries with the ability to perform various bureaucratic tasks - leave a message on my talk page if you need something. I was also very active in the launch of the new Wikivoyage project, and my efforts in that process were rewarded with a lawsuit filed against me; the amazingly great people at WMF helped defend me, and I wrote about the ordeal on my website.
- User:Wrh2/Why Wikivoyage was not my primary travel planning tool
- All local file uploads need to be tagged.
- Update Template:Pagebanner (
div class="name") and MediaWiki:Common.js (
$(".topbanner").closest(".mw-body").children(".firstHeading").hide();) to not suppress the h1 tag - kills SEO.
- User:Nicolas1981/Syntax checks
- mw:Help:Page status indicators
- Play around with some new UI concepts
- Yellowstone National Park
- Some portions of w:Wikipedia:Conflict of interest may make sense as a replacement/enhancement to Wikivoyage:Don't tout, particularly the section regarding paid editing.
- Wikivoyage:Business listings reliability Expedition
- Wikivoyage talk:Geographical hierarchy#Weak regions
- Wikivoyage talk:Image policy#Proposal to change default thumbnail size
- Wikivoyage talk:Deletion policy#Proposed new policy on deletions
- "Lede expedition": Wikivoyage talk:Tone#Lively writing vs. purple prose
- Wikivoyage talk:Using MediaWiki templates#Userpage boxes
- MediaWiki talk:Sitenotice#Sitenotice change process
- Duplicate listings in Whistler and Pemberton (British Columbia)
- Possibilities for User:Wrh2Bot:
- Remove references (<ref>, <references />)
- Make sure headers are standard for each template type
- Remove signatures in mainspace articles
- Look for possible touting ("our restaurant", "we invite you", etc)
- URLs pointing to "example.com"
My first contributions to Wikivoyage. Looking at edits made prior to reading every single guideline and policy makes for a humbling reminder of why it is important to be patient with new contributors who don't fully "get" how Wikivoyage works :)