West Valley City
West Valley City is a city of 113,000 near Salt Lake City in the Wasatch Range. Although it is technically Utah's second largest city, it is in reality more of a suburb of the capital and has little to offer a traveler. On the other hand, West Valley City is home to the most diverse community in Utah, with approximately 45% of the residents being immigrants from Vietnam, Mexico, Pacific Islanders and others. Tourists may want to try to come to WVC to eat various ethic dishes in West Valley City.
Get in/Getting around
West Valley City lies on what is known as a grid system and is part of the greater Salt Lake City grid. For helpful information on the grid system used in Utah, please see the Salt Lake City page. The easiest way to get to West Valley City from the international airport is to take I-80 East until the first I-215 south exit and continue southwards until you reach exits for 3500 South.
TRAX is a light rail line administered by the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) located in the Salt Lake Valley. The new Green Line begins from the municipal center (West Valley Central Station, at 2750 West 3590 South) in West Valley City and continues northeast to Salt Lake City downtown, with stops at Decker Lane (3070 S. 2200 West), Redwood Junction (1740 W. Research Way) and River Trail (2340 S. 1070 West).
Fares begin at $2.35 and payable at electronic ticket kiosks at TRAX stations. Day pass can be purchased for $5.75, or a return (roundtrip) ticket for $4.70. The difference is that with a day pass, you may use TRAX or buses for an unlimited time for the day. The trip from West Valley Central Station to downtown (Temple Square) lasts about 28 minutes. The first northbound train departs at 5:01AM weekdays, 5:21AM Saturdays and 10:01AM Sundays. The last train southbound arriving at West Valley Central station at 11:23PM weekdays, 11:58PM Saturdays and 9:38PM Sundays. For more information on TRAX system and schedule, consult the UTA website at: 
UTA also operates an extensive bus system which covers the entire Wasatch Range.
- 35 and 35M - run along the east-west 3500 South between Millcreek TRAX Station and Magna, stopping at West Valley Central Station.
- 41 - from 3900 South (Meadowbrook) TRAX Station to 4100 S 5600 West, stops at Salt Lake Community College, frequency every 15 min.
- 227 - West Valley Central Station, travelling southwards along 2700 West towards Sugar Factory TRAX Stop on Red Line, frequency every 30 mins.
- 232 - West Valley Central Station, travelling southwards along 3200 West towards SLCC Jordan Campus (just south of 9000 South in South Jordan); frequency every 30 minutes
- 240 - West Valley Central Station, travels the vicinity of 4000 West, connecting to Pioneer Valley Hospital in WVC, Jordan Landing Mall (in West Jordan), and ending at Jordan Valley TRAX Station on Red Line. Frequency every 30 minutes.
- 248 - West Valley Central Station, travelling southwards along 4800 West, connecting to Old Bingham Highway TRAX stations on Red Line. Frequency every 30 minutes
- 509 - West Valley Central Station, going towards Salt Lake City downtown. Seven Peaks Water Park can be accessed from this bus. Frequency every 30 minutes
- 513 - Industrial Business Park line is essentially a commuters' bus, hence not much to interest of tourists, but eventually ends at SLC downtown. Frequency, 4 buses per day in each direction.
- 523 - Business Park line, another commuters' bus. 4 buses in each direction per day.
Please consult the bus timetables at  for more information. It is important to note that not all lines run every day, and that bus services can be reduced or nonexistent on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays unless otherwise announced.
- Maverick Center, 3200 Decker Lake Dr, ☎ . Venue for concerts, hockey game (Salt Lake Grizzlies), and other events such as Rodeo of ´47.
- Valley Fair Shopping Center, 3601 Constitution Boulevard, West Valley City, UT 84119-3769. Covered shopping mall with anchor department stores including JcPennys and Macy's. Stores are generally geared for low to middle classes living in West Valley City area, and onsite cinema offering inexpensive movie viewings.
- Native American Trading Post, 3971 So. Redwood Rd, ☎ . Shop full of authenic Native American items such as beadworks, ceremony baskets, clothings, drums and flutes, figurines, jewelries and so on.
- AA Callisters, 3615 S Redwood Rd, toll-free: . M-F 10AM - 7PM, Sa. 10AM - 6PM. Cowboy tack shop with offers on mens, womens and children's clothings, as well as equipment for horseback riding and rodeos.
Most of the restaurants are located on 3500 South, and there is a great diversity of food offered by these restaurants, ranging from Mexican to Asian cuisines. Listings start from just east of Redwood, going westwards.
East of Redwood Road
- Gossip Tapioca Restaurant, 1629 West 3500 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84119-3313, ☎ . Stylish Vietnamese restaurant located in a mini-mall. Restaurant is divided in halves, one for coffee shop and other for restaurant. They serve bubble teas, and in their restaurant, they serve many Vietnamese dishes, i.e. tofu fried in lemongrass, curry noodles, fried potstickers, etc...
- PhoCall, 1631 West 3500 South, ☎ . Vietnamese restaurant serving mainly pho soup (noodle soup, with various meat, vegetable and herbs).
- Ogie's Cafe, 3515 South Redwood Rd, ☎ . Typical American diner place, serving breakfast dishes such as biscuits and gravy.
West of Redwood Road
- Asia Palace, 1774 West 3500 South, Salt Lake City, ☎ . Vietnamese-owned restaurant offering Chinese and Vietnamese dishes. Excellent Curry noodle dishes.
- Red Maple Chinese Restaurant, 3361 South Redwood Rd, ☎ . Chinese restaurant serving typical Chinese dishes as well as dimsum on weekends. Lunch specials. Pon Pon Chicken highly recommended.
- Pho Hoa Vietnamese Noodle, 3460 South Redwood Road, Salt Lake City, ☎ . Vietnamese noodle restaurant
- Myung Ga, 1839 West 3500 S # 2A, ☎ . A local favorite for Korean food, menu serves exclusively sundubu jjigae (soft tofu soup) with various flavors, such as beef, chicken, seafood, fish or even intestines. Other dishes also include dolsot bibimbap (rice with vegetable in stone pot), bulgogi (barbecued beef), kalbi (short ribs), etc... All orders come with generous offerings of ban chan (side dishes).
- Pho Green Papaya Restaurant, 2000 West 3500 South, Salt Lake City, ☎ . Vietnamese-owned restaurant with a menu covering pan-Asian dishes including Thai curries, Korean barbecue, Pork Vindaloo, as well as Vietnamese dishes i.e. pho (noodle soup), fried quail, etc... Restaurant has a nice and contemporary atmosphere.
- Kowloon Cafe, 2055 West 3500 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84119-3439, ☎ . Chinese restaurant with offers for family style dinner for 2 persons, as well as single person dinners. Dishes can also be ordered a la carte.
- Greek Souvlaki, 2192 West 3500 South, ☎ . M-Sa 11AM - 10PM, Su. 12PM - 8PM. Greek restaurant offering gyros and souvlaki dishes, as well as other special dishes such as pastitsio, spanakopita and stuffed grape leaves.
- Cafe Silvestre, 3524 South 2200 West, ☎ . Small Mexican restaurant serving various dishes, i.e. burritos. To access to this place, turn onto 2200 West south from 3500 South and go around to the corner where the restaurant is situated.
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, 2283 City Center Ct, ☎ . Old style Americana restaurant offering hearty plates such as meatloaf or haddock dinners, fried chicken livers, hickory smoked ham, homemade chicken n dumplings, etc...
Valley Fair Shopping Mall, west of I-215
- SmashBurger, W. 3500 S. & S. 2700 W., ☎ . 10AM - 10PM daily. Burger joint, serving cooked-to-order 100% Angus beef burgers, with interesting flavors, as well as side dishes, i.e. smashfries, veggie fries, haystack onions and so on.
- Olive Garden, 3515 Constitution Blvd, ☎ . Su-Th 11AM - 10PM, F-Sa 11AM - 11PM. National chain Italian restaurant
- Sushi Monster, 3567 Constitution Blvd, ☎ . Japanese sushi restaurant
- NYPD Pizzeria & Delicatessen, 3603 South 2700 West, ☎ . New York style pizzeria with various pizza offerings on the menu, as well as wings, garlic knots, mozzarella sticks, calzone and stromboli.
- In-N-Out Burger, 3715 S. Constitustion Blvd, toll-free: . 10:30AM - 1:30AM. Iconic West Coast fast food restaurant serving burger and fries made from fresh ingredients. There are only three burger offerings, to be ordered with fries and beverage.
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, 3601 S. 2700 West #b152, ☎ . Sit-in family-style American restaurant serving primarily burgers and fries.
- Wiseguys Comedy Club, 2194 West 3500 South (at the first intersection east of I-215 exit 18), ☎ . Open Mic Night on Wednesdays, touring professionals in between. Holds 300 people, but only about half the seats face the stage at a decent angle, so arrive early.
- Country Inn & Suites, 3422 South Decker Lake Dr, ☎ .
- Holiday Inn Express, 3036 S. Decker Lake Dr, ☎ .
- Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites, 2254 West City Center Ct, ☎ .
- Baymont Inn & Suites, 2229 West City Center Ct, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12PM.
- La Quinta Inn, 3540 South 2200 West, Salt Lake City, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12PM.
- Staybridge Suites, 3038 S. Decker Lane Dr, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- Sleep Inn, 3440 S. 2200 W., ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12PM.
- Extended Stay America, 2310 W. City Center Ct, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11PM.
- Value Place, 1650 West 3500 South, ☎ .