West Yellowstone, Montana, is a rustic mountain town nestled between National Forest lands and is the gateway to Yellowstone National Park. It is only a mile from the park entrance, and the town's airport is the closest to the park, and to attractions like Old Faithful.
West Yellowstone town center, including the museum, shops and restaurants, is small enough to easily walk around.
- Yellowstone Museum, 104 Yellowstone Ave (in the old Union Pacific Station Building). Mid-May to mid-Oct. Shows a history of Yellowstone National Park and the tourist train service to West Yellowstone. Includes a collection of historic railway china. $6.
There is a large variety of local souvenirs available from the many shops in West Yellowstone.
- Seldom Seen Knives and Gifts, 115 Yellowstone Ave (on street that goes into Yellowstone National Park across from the museum), ☎ . Handcrafted gifts. Montana made, unique and useable.
- Running Bear Pancake House, 538 Madison Ave. Excellent breakfast place. Known for their pancakes, but other items are delicious also.
West Yellowstone is very much a tourist gateway to Yellowstone National Park and a large variety of accommodation options are available.
- American West Motel.
- Best Western Crosswinds Motor Inn, 201 Firehole Avenue, ☎ , fax: +1 406 646-9592.
- Best Western Desert Inn, US 20, 191 & 287, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: +1 406 646-7759.
- Best Western Weston Inn, 103 Gibbon Street, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: +1 406 646-7572.
- Dude and Roundup Motel, 3 Madison Avenue.
- Faithful Street Inn, 120 N. Faithful Street, toll-free: . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 10AM. Unique cabin lodging for couples, families and large groups. Cabins include wireless internet, ample parking, mountain views and modern rustic charm.
- Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, 315 Yellowstone Avenue, ☎ .
- Kirkwood Resort & Marina, 11505 Hebgan Lake Rd, ☎ . Offers well cared for cabin rentals (some with full kitchens), RV spaces, and tent sites. The property includes a boat launch, fuel station, and boat, equipment rentals and park with horseshoe throw, volleyball net, BBQ grills, and picnic tables. The Kirkwood Roadhouse Grill restaurant is onsite.
- Madison Hotel, Motel, and Hostel, 139 Yellowstone Ave (at Dunraven St). Hostel dormitory rates start at $30, hotel/motel rates start at $59.
- Travelers Lodge, 225 West Yellowstone Avenue.
- Yellowstone Country Inn, 234 Firehole Avenue.
- Yellowstone Park Inn & Suites, 236 Dunraven.
- Yellowstone RV Park and Cabins, 210 S. Electric St, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Less than a mile from west entrance to Yellowstone NP. Very clean; 50 amp service and full hookups. Can walk to downtown and shops.
|Routes through West Yellowstone|
|Idaho Falls ← Island Park ←||W E||→ Yellowstone N.P. → Casper|
|Bozeman ← Big Sky ←||N S||→ Yellowstone N.P. → Grand Teton N.P.|
|Helena ← Three Forks ←||N S||→ Yellowstone N.P. → Grand Teton N.P.|