Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > East Midlands > Derbyshire > Whaley Bridge
- By rail on the line between Buxton and Manchester (timetable)
- By bus including the 199 Skyline bus running from Manchester Airport to Buxton (timetable)
- Car parking at Tom Brad's Croft near the Canal Basin 
Cafés and restaurants include:
- Cock Inn. Buxton Road
- Memories of India, Indian restaurant on Buxton Rd.
- Bella's cafe.
- Teazel's cafe on Canal Street
- Vito's Trattoria. An Italian restaurant on Market Street
- Zayka. An Indian restaurant in town centre
- The Goyt, 8 Bridge Street, SK23 7LR, ☎ . Popular back-street local on Bridge Street with beers from the Punch Taverns range.
- The Railway, 33-35 Market Street, SK23 7AA, ☎ . Beer from Robinsons. Function room. Live music & film showings.
- The White Hart, Market Street, SK23 7HN.
- The Shepherd's Arms, SK23 7HR, 7 Old Road, ☎ . Very popular small traditional pub. Extensive range of beers from Marstons. Beer Garden
- The Cock Inn, 22 Buxton Road, SK23 7JE, ☎ . Beer from Robinsons. Recently renovated. Food
- The White Horse, 141 Buxton Road, SK23 7HX, ☎ . At the south end of the town at the junction of the A5004 and B5470
- The Shady Oak, Fernilee, Nr. Whaley Bridge, SK23 7HD, ☎ . A Marston's country pub about 2 miles south of the town centre on the A5004 at Fernilee in the Goyt Valley. Food. Rooms. The start and end point of many good walks in the Goyt Valley.
Currently closed, but may reopen
- Jodrell Arms. Imposing town centre pub by the Railway Station. Apparently undergoing renovation.
- Board Inn. Chapel Road. Robinsons. Currently up for auction.
- Spire House. A converted chapel
- Kinrara Bed and Breakfast. With views over Toddbrook reservoir and the High Peak.
- Shady Oak.