Wikivoyage is a growing concern – as a project and as a travel guide. This page is for recording some milestones in Wikivoyage's history (or future), and for setting up some milestones along the way of where we want to go. It's for gauging our progress, looking forward and looking back.
Figures below refer only to the English version of Wikivoyage. See Multilingual statistics to track totals across all language versions.
- Project accepted by the Wikimedia community
- August 23, 2012
- Project launched on Wikimedia servers (in beta)
- November 10, 2012
- Official opening
- January 15, 2013
- Tourist Office launched
- February 21, 2013
- New Main Page implemented
- March 26, 2013
- Site-wide implementation of banners
- June 17, 2013
- First newspaper article about Wikivoyage
- Travel Site Built on Wiki Ethos Now Bedevils Its Owner, New York Times 9 September 2012.
- First mention in the fake news
- Skift: Jimmy Wales talks Wikivoyage on the Colbert Report 9 January 2013.
- Summer has ended in the Northern hemisphere; however our readership continues to increase. This month a healthy 20%  to a 12.8M.