North America > United States of America > Midwest (United States of America) > Illinois > Chicagoland > North Shore (Illinois) > Wilmette
- Metra train from downtown Chicago (Ogilvie Transportation Center)
- Close by Interstate I-90/94, known locally as the Edens Expressway.
- By taxi, from O'Hare airport
- By Pace bus from neighboring suburbs
- Linden Purple Line CTA stop
- Bicycle 
PACE Bus Routes
- 213 Green Bay Road
- 421 Wilmette Avenue
- 422 Linden CTA/Glenview/Northbrook Court 
- 423 Linden CTA-The Glen-Harlem CTA
- Baha'i House of Worship, 100 Linden Ave (at Sheridan, three blocks east of Linden CTA stop), ☎ . Daily 6AM-10PM. A cultural and architectural wonder.
- Wilmette Theatre, 1122 Central Ave (two blocks east of Wilmette Metra stop), ☎ . Has movies and live performances.
- Gillson park. For beach, sailing, tennis, picnic, marina, playground, dog beach.
- Wallace Bowl, an outside theater located at Gillson Park. Originally built by the WPA, it was recently rehabbed to its original specifications. Free concerts and plays are available in the warm weather months. .
- Centennial Pool.
- Centennial Ice Rink.
- Wilmette Public Library.
- Wilmette's public golf course.
- Go do gymnastics at the Community Recreation Center, .
- Chestnut Street Beach
- Edens Plaza is a large shopping center located on the west end of town at the intersection of Lake Avenue and Skokie Boulevard (US41)near the Edens Expressway. It features anchor stores like Carson Pirie Scott, Bed, Bath and Beyond and the Fresh Market in addition to many smaller stores 
- Souvenirs at the Crystal Cave.
- Piero's Pizza, 335 Ridge Rd, ☎ . , Best pizza on the North Shore.
- Tsing Tao. Located on Green Bay Road. Chinese-American food.
- Wilmette Chuck Wagon, 1120 Central Ave, ☎ . Greek, burgers, and hotdogs.
- Kama Kura, Central Street. Sushi and Japanese cuisine.
- The Noodle, 708 12th St, ☎ , fax: +1 847 251-2299. Lunch: M-F 11:30AM-2:30PM; Dinner: M-Th 5PM-9PM, F-Sa 5PM-10PM, Su 4:30PM-8:30PM.
- Dairy Queen, 3510 Lake Ave, ☎ . Sun-Thu 11AM-9:30PM, Fri-Sat 11AM-10PM.
- Akai Hana, 3223 W Lake Ave, ☎ . M-Sa 5PM-9PM, Su 4PM-8PM.
- Homer's Ice Cream, 1237 Green Bay Rd, ☎ , fax: +1 847 251-0495.
- Ridgeview Grill.
- Burhops. Seafood
- Irving's for Red Hot Lovers. Fast Food
- Lou Malnati's Pizza, 3223 Lake Ave, ☎ , fax: +1 847 256-8979. M-Th 4PM-10PM, F-Sa 11AM-11PM, Su 11AM-9PM. Carry-out only.
- Charlie's Coffee House. Has live music at night.
- C. J. Arthur's. Has live music and great dinners.
- Meier's Tavern.
- Bicycle or run the Green Bay Trail,  to Ravinia, !
- Hop on a train south to Evanston or onward to Chicago
|Routes through Wilmette|
|Milwaukee ← Northfield ←||W E||→ Skokie → Chicago|
|Milwaukee ← Northfield ←||N S||→ Skokie → Chicago|