Wolfsburg hosts the worldwide headquarters of the Volkswagen car manufacturer.
Wolfsburg is easily accessible by road and rail. By road simply take junction 5 off of the A39 and head towards Wolfsburg-Morse. The main line rail station is located at Wolfsburg Hauptbahnhof, Willy-Brandt-Platz 3, and there are regular services to many destinations.
Walking is the best option. Everything is close together in the city.
Wolfsburg is quite a modern city having been built, in the main, in 1938 on to house workers from the newly built VW factory. However, its castle dates from 1600 and today houses the Stadtmuseum. It has a rundown of the city's history from 1938, when the VW plant was founded, to the present day. There's also a small regional history museum and two art galleries that host rotating exhibitions.
- AutoStadt. AutoStadt is the home of Volkswagen AG. AutoStadt theme park is a city in itself and offers entertainment, dining, tours, driving, and more. Visit the website to plan your day or days at the AutoStadt in Wolfsburg.
- Phaeno Science Centre. A visit is an absolute must. It is a new building designed by Zaha Hadid and is a breathtaking and revolutionary space.
- Designer Outlet Wolfsburg, An Der Vorburg 1, ☎ . M-Sa 10:00 - 19:00 Sun -13:00 - 18:00. Wolfsburg Outlet Shopping Centre is a place to find designer discount brands. They have brand shops such as Diesel, Adidas, Fossil, Nike, Puma, Clinque, Calvin Klein and many many more.
- Trattoria Incontri, Goethestraße 53, Wolfsburg, ☎ . Good pizzeria.
- Restaurant Aqua, Parkstraße 1, Wolfsburg, ☎ . Gourmet food on offer from the multi-Michelin star chefs at the Ritz-Carlton. Expect to pay handsomely for the experience. Splurge.
- La Grotta, Rothenfelder Straße 21, Wolfsburg, ☎ . Classic Italian food. Mid range.
Die Bar - A friendly spot and a great atmosphere with the most inexpensive drinks in town!
- Bar Celona.
- Irish Pub WOB, Goethestraße 61, ☎ .
- Holiday Inn, Rathausstraße 1, D - 38440 Wolfsburg, ☎ . Ideally located within the centre of the city. Starting to show its age and they do not open the breakfast area until official opening time. Mid Range.
- Global Inn, Kleiststraße 46, ☎ . Quality rooms. Close to main VW factory.
- Parkhotel Wolfsburg, Unter den Eichen 55, 38446 Wolfsburg, ☎ . Check-in: 1500, check-out: 1200. Great facilities but on the pricey side Mid-Splurge.
- Ritz-Carlton, Parkstrasse 1, ☎ . Discover a city known for its high-tech surrounding with modern art and contemporary architecture.
- Seehotel am Tankumsee, Eichenpfad 2, Isenbüttel, ☎ . Good sized room and reasonable breakfast. Good restaurant although a little expensive. Ideal location if you want to be out of town, but will need a car.