The town is open, and tourism is encouraged. Although all property in the town is owned by the military, land is leased by commercial enterprises, and shops and accommodation are available.
- Missile Park, Dewrang Avenue. Museum and visitor centre features missiles and rockets which were developed here.
Woomera features three great monuments of significance:
- The Obelisk. It's a symbolic Australia Day Monument located next to the Woomera Theatre on Dewrang Avenue.
- Len Beadell Memorial
- National Engineering Landmark
- Deep Station 41. This facility was built 25 kilometers south of Woomera at the Island Lagoon.
During the summer months from October to Anzac Day (25 April), the Woomera Swimming Pool complex is popular with locals and tourists. The complex features a 25-metre pool and a 1-metre diving board.
- Woomera Traveller's Village & Caravan Park.
- Eldo Hotel, Kotara Cr.
Red Lake, Lake Richarson, Lake Windabout, Arcoona Lake, Mirage Lagoon, Whisky Swamp, Laek Mary, Purple Lake, Coorlay Lagon, Roxby Downs, Olympic Dam, Lake Campbell, Island Lagoon, Lake Hart, Lake Hanson
|Routes through Woomera|
|Alice Springs ← Coober Pedy ←||N S||→ Port Augusta|