Durrës is an Albanian Adriatic port city. It serves ferries to Bari (Italy) . Alternative spellings of the cities name are Durrazzo (Italian), Drač (Драч, Serbo-Croatian) or Dyrrhachion (Δυρράχιον, Greek).
- A bi-weekly connection to Bar in Montenegro Montenegro Line.
- To Kotor, Montenegro
- To Bari in Italy on Agemar, on Azzurra Line or on Dimaio Line
- To Ancona in Italy on Adria Ferries
- To Otranto in Italy on Veronica Line
- To Trieste in Italy on Agemar
- From Skopje, Macedonia, buses run through Durrës on their way to Tirana. A typical Skopje-Tirana ticket costs around 25 Euro return.
- From Kumanovo, Macedonia, there is an everyday direct bus line to Durrës. The cost of tickets is around 20 euros.
- Railway Station, Rruga Adria. no international train links exist. Trains from Tirana and other major Albanian cities through the adventurous Albanian railway system.
- Shen Lucia Catholic Church (Kisha e Shën Luçia), Rruga Don Nikoll Kacorri (Center). built in 1907
- Shen Gjergji Orthodox Church. built in the 19th century
- Saint Asti and Saint Paul Orthodox Church (Katedralja ortodokse e Shën Palit dhe Shën Asti). and the 2001 built
- Fatih Mosque (Xhamia Fatih), Rruga Xhamia. built in 1503
- Great Mosque of Durres (Xhamia e Madhe e Durresit).
- New Mosque. built in 1937
- Vogel Mosque (Xhamia e Vogel).
- Archaeological Museum (Muzeu Arkeologjik), Rruga Taulantia 32.
- Popular Culture Museum, Kavaje village, Rruga Skuraj (S 18 km).
- Alexander Moissi Museum House (Shtepia e Alexander Mois).
- World War II Relics Hall.
- Koloseo Art Gallery. , showcasing the best of Durres native painters.
- Durres Amphitheater, Rruga Kalase. , the biggest in the Balkans it also features renovated iconography works.
- Durres Ancient City Wall, Rruga Sotir Noka (Next to the Amphitheater). Medieval Hammam and the Tophane Well located inside and around the wall.
- Venetian Tower (Rotonda, Kalaja). is a circular tower at the city center built in the 16th century.
- Shen Mehilli Hill (Kodra e Shen Mehillit). where on 18 October 1801, Byzantine Emperor Alexios I Komnenos confronted Norman adventurer Robert Guiscard. A basilica built in the 6th century AD with a beautiful mosaic is found here.
- Byzantine Forum (Macellum). built in the 5th century AD and Public Baths around and beneath Alexander Moissi Palace of Culture
- Municipality (Bashkia), Sheshi Liria, 15.
- King Zog's Villa (Vila e Zogut), Rruga Kont Urani (located on top of a hill overlooking the city). Take a look at here. Even though it was looted in the 1997 uprising, it can still be appreciated for its luxurious interior and historical past. Prince Leka has plans to renovate the villa in the near future.
- Shkembi (Petra Hill). where a battle between Pompey and Julius Caesar is said to have taken place.
- Kavaja Rock (Shkembi i Kavajes) (SE 5 km). is a historic landmark in Golem where once caravans used to pass along the ancient Via Egnatia.
- Lezhe (Lezha, Lezhë) (N 35 km). — a small city home to Skanderbeg's Tomb, panoramic Lezhe Castle and several renovated churches
- Lalzit Bay Area (N 27 km). Visit Ishem Castle and Rrushkull Nature Reserve (Rezervati Rrushkull)
- Rodoni Castle (Kalaje e Rodonit) (Cape of Rodon).
- Scanderbeg Castle (Sebastia s Castle), Rruga e Sebastes, Laç village (N 33km).
- Shen Ndout Church (Kisha e Shna Ndout), Rruga Kisha e Shna Ndout, Laç.
- Shengjin (N 40 km). - port town northwest of Lezhe with lots of hotels and known for "Rana e Hedhun" Beach featuring a sand dune on the coast
- Culture Palace, Bulevardi Dyrrah. Events
- Evening walk (promenade). Go for an evening walk along the sea front promenade or along the beach where you can see men with bears on a leash or with snakes entwined around their necks!
- Lalzit Bay Beach (Gjiri i Lalzit), Shen Pjeter village (12 km north of Durres). a popular weekend retreat. A small resort can be found here.
- Beaches. Currilat, Bishti i Palles, and Kallmit Beach.
- Sea Resort of Golem, Xixa Resort, Rruga Kompleksit (S 7 km), ☎ . Take a dip in the Adriatic Sea water in the biggest sea side resort of Golem
- Take a look at interesting films from around the world at the annual Durres International Film Summer Festival in early September.
- Visit the yearly Open Port Festival where the Port of Durres opens to the public featuring various exhibits of historic ships and modern inventions coupled with local entertainment.
- Kokomani Wine
- Bar Restorant Kajser (near King Zog's Villa). it offers a panoramic view of Durres from above delicious ice cream combinations including baked ice cream (400 leks), spaghetti, fish and baked lamb.
- Restaurant Piazza (Restorant Piazza), Rruga Taulantia 1 (near to the Port), ☎ . 8:00-23:00.
- Venetian Tower (Rotonda) bar (On top of the Venetian Tower). that offers a nice view of Durrës and its coastline.
- Hotel Lido Durres, Lagja.2; Rruga Aleksander Goga, ☎ .
- Hotel Nais, Lagia 1, Rruga Naim Frasheri nr.46 (From the Port: 100 Meters toward the town center. Left on Naim Frasheri street, behind the tower.). Check-out: 11:00am. An easy to find three star hotel, just off the main street. Close to the action but quiet. Breakfast is included. Dbl €40.
- Hotel Arvi, Rruga Taulantia 16 (Center), ☎ . Check-in: 12:00-22:00, check-out: 07:00-11:00. Sgl from €60 (2014.jun).
- Hotel Aragosta, Rruga Taulantia, 71, ☎ +355 52 226477; 232669, fax: +355 52 233720, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mobile:+355 68 2058070 Dbl. from €67 (2014.may).
- Hotel Adriatik, Lagjia 13, Rruga Pavaresia, Plazh Durrës (Near to beach), ☎ , fax: +355 52 260855, e-mail: email@example.com. From €80 (2014.may).
- Hotel Pepeto, Mbreti MONUM Nr.3, Rruga Ramazan Jella,, ☎ .
- Tirana (N 145 km) — the capital. Trees and mountains surround the city. Mt. Dajt is a popular tourist site for a great view of the city.
- Fier — Lively seaside city, and only about 8 km (5 mi) away from the ruins of the ancient Illyrian city of Apollonia.Much of this ancient city still remains buried under the hills.}}
- Velipoje (Velipojë, Velipoja) (N 90 km). - coastal town near Ada Bojana south of Shkoder known for is curative beach sand. The beach is long and wide, and a lot of hotels offer nice rooms. However, the beaches are crowded in August. If you prefer quieter beaches, you should go to Southern Albania