Fuyang (富阳) is a city within the Hangzhou municipal area in Zhejiang Province. Situated a just over an hour south of central Hangzhou by bus ride, Fuyang is where you can ride a pedal rickshaw, take a stroll down the Fuchun River front, climb through mountainous parks, go river kayaking, or visit historic Longmen Village.
Fuyang is a classical example of a traditional southern Chinese city. It is next to the Fuchun River and surrounded by mountains from three sides. There is an ancient Chinese poem to describe Fuyang: from ancient times, Fuyang was considered by Chinese people to be the most beautiful landscape in this world (天下佳山水，古今推富春）. The famous Yuan Dynasty Chinese painter, Huang Gongwang, painted a landscape of Fuyang which is one of the most famous traditional Chinese paintings.
Fuyang has established itself as one of the "100 cities of superior overall strength" in China, and was listed among the first batch of open door coastal cities. Fuyang is situated at the center of the geographical triangle marked by Shanghai, Hangzhou and Ningbo. Nature endows Fuyang with the amenity of environments, scenic beauty, the mildness of climate, and the grace of four seasons. The whole city covers 1830 square km, including 16 towns and 9 townships, with a total population over 600,000. With tourist attractions and rural beauty, as well as easy transportation, Fuyang has become known as "The backyard of Pudong, New Area of Shanghai. It stands out as a gem along the Fuchun River - Huang Mountain - Xin'an River tour lines of travel. Fuyang, which in ancient times was known as Fuchun, has a long history dating back to the beginning of the Qin Dynasty (221BC-206BC). Fuyang is sewn liberally with relics of human cultivation, as well as natural magnificence. Some shining examples are Stork Mountain, the Eight Scenic Spots of Fuchun, and the Angling Terrace of Yan Zilling, once residence of the famous artist Huang Gongwang, of the Yuan Dynasty(1279-1368), painter of the famous landscape "Life in the Hills of Fuchun". Fuyang has been the home of many historical people, including Sun Quan, King of Wu during the period of Three States (220-280), and Yu Dafur2 (1896-1945), famous writer and novelist. Recent history brings a time of economic development, with Fuyang taking advantage of status as one of the first open door coastal cities, supporting the utilities, facilities and transportation infrastructure needed to promote international and domes tic trade.
If you come from another province, you can go to Hangzhou by train or plane first. Then you can take the bus to get into fuyang. The bus station is near the Train Station of Hangzhou (城站火车站). The bus came for every 5 minutes and it starts on early morning. Be careful do not try to take the bus from Hangzhou to Fuyang during late afternoon because there would be so many people waiting and therefore you have to queue for at least 30 minutes. There are two kinds of bus. One is going to Fuyang New South Bus Station (新南站), another is going to New Bus station (新车站). Price for go to The New Bus Station is 7 RMB.
The 320 National Highway stretches across the region; the new 32.5m wide semi-enclosed expressway is completed along its entire length; the airport of Hangzhou is only 40km away. The First Fuchun Bridge spans from north to south, linking the 104 High way and Zhe-Gan Railrod to the city. Meanwhile, regional railway is being planned within the division. Taxi: the basic charge is 6 yuan, and 2 yuan/km for the additional mileage.
Fuyang City Bureau of Transportation Tel: 0571-63323866 Fuyang City Motor Transport Bus Company Tel: 571-63322792 Fuyang City tourism charter Tel: 0571-23223200, 23223208 Fuyang City passenger transport station hotline: 16826665 Fuyang City Xindeng bus station: 0571-23206130 Fuyang City Flight Ticket Office: 0571-63347111 Fuyang City car calling hotline: 16860999 Fuyang City Bus Companies Inquiry Tel: 0571-23206102 Fuyang City new station Tel: 0571-63323648
Unless you have a private vehicle, the fastest way to get to Fuyang from Hangzhou is to hop on one of the buses at the Hangzhou-Fuyang bus station located down the block from the Hangzhou Train Station （杭州城站). When you exit the train station, turn right and walk five minutes down East Huancheng Road (环城东路) past a horde of small eateries. The Hangzhou to Fuyang public bus station is located on your right beneath the Qingtai Avenue (清泰街) underpass. The station is small enough that you may mistake it for a parking lot. The ticket booth is located just off of East Huancheng Road to the right of a hole in the wall convenience shop. Tickets cost ¥7 and there are two available destinations - Fuyang New Bus Station (富阳新车站), which runs from 5:25 a.m. to 22:30 p.m., and Fuyang New South Bus Station (富阳新南车站), which runs from 7:25 a.m. to 19:40 p.m. Signage is all in Chinese, but if you ask for Xinchezhan (New Bus Station) or Xinnan Chezhan (New South Bus Station), then someone should point you in the right direction.
An alternative is to catch the slower K514 bus that passes by Six Harmonies Pagoda on the Qiantang River front.
Sorry to tell everyone that right now it is impossible to get to Fuyang by subway because the subway has not even start to build. However, Hangzhou government has already planned to build it. Not only to Fuyang, but also to Linan, Yuhang, Shaoxing, Haining, Hangzhou government has planned to build subway to all of those cities to make people more convenient. Right now Hang Zhou already has the No. 1 line going to Bingjiang. The No. 2 and No. 3 line are also in construstion. The subway in Fuyang will be called No. 6 line. It will pass through Zhijiang New Town, Shouxiang Town, Gaoqiao Town, and Lushan New Town and through the 320 Nation Way. The total length will be 26.5 KM. People wish that it can be completed by the time of 2016. At that time it will be much more convenient and less costly for us to go to Hangzhou. People from other city are able to come to visit Fuyang much easier as well. In a city, whether or not that they have subway is a indication that whether it is happy and suitable for people to live and whether it is developed. Therefore, having subway in Fuyang is a good indication to show the beauty of Fuyang and the economic level. People in Fuyang are looking forward to take the subway to go out.
The main mode of public transportation in Fuyang is its extensive public bus system. The main bus terminals are located at Da Puzha, New Transport Station, Maternity care hospital, the second food market, Guanshan Park, Jiangnan High school, and Fuyang Flim station. As we all known that Fuyang has a lot of buses to take if you want to get some place or just to travel around the beautiful city---Fuyang. No.1 bus route---Guanshan Park-No.1 primary school-Movie Theater-Enbo square-The Bank Of China-Ermao Market-Gym-Chuncheng restaurant-The hospital For Women And Children-The Western Station-Qiufeng Vallige-No.1 Primary School No.2 bus route---Guanshan Park-Movie Theater-Huawu Bridge-hobbledehoy palace-Commercial City-state taxation administration-personnel-recruiting market-The new station-Furniture market;court of justice；law court；court；courthouse-Rainbow Bridge-Phoenix Bridge-Bridge of Security-integrated market-The hospital For Women And Children-The Western Station No.3 bus route--- The new station-personnel-recruiting market;Talent (Human) Resources Market；The personnel market-Okura-Enbo square-Ermao Market-Gym center-integrated market-The hospital For Women And Children-The Western Station-Transportation Institute-timber market-No.3 Middle School(The new Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology) No.4 bua route---South Station-Huawu Bridge-Movie Theater-No.1 primary school-Yu Dafu Park-Movie Theater-Second Enbo Bridge-Chen Jianong-International Trade Building or Cetra Building-Qinwang Bridge-Sanjiang Garden-Kangda Village-Culture and education in Xiyuan-Administrative service centre
The fare for Fuyang's ubiquitous taxis start at 7 yuan. Taxi drivers will typically stop to pick up multiple passengers if the customers are traveling along the same routes.
- Fuchun Taoyuan.
Public transportation:1. Shanghai-Shanghai-hangzhou highway-Hangzhou turned under the pond-National highway 320-Fuyang-Xukou-Fuchun Taoyuan(上海出发-沪杭高速公路-杭州转塘下-320国道-富阳下-05省道-胥口-胥高线-富春桃源景区) 2、Hangzhou jiangsu ningbo highway-Hangzhou turned under the pond-National highway 320-Fuyang-Xukou-Fuchun Taoyuan（苏州出发-省道-318国道-104国道-320国道-富阳下-05省道-胥口-胥高线-富春桃源）
Pedal rickshaws are available throughout Fuyang city. A horde of them are usually parked outside the entrance of the New Bus Station. Motorized rickshaws are also common, especially around Darunfa Supermarket. Expect to pay more for a rickshaw than a taxi, perhaps double the base fare of ¥7 that taxis charge, though during rush hour rickshaws are often easier to find than taxis.
- Guanshan Park (鹳山公园). Guanshan Park is on the banks of the Fuchun River next to Fuyang High School. There is a mountainous trail here.
- Fuchun Taoyuan (富春桃源). Fuchun Taoyuan is north-west of Fuyang. The scenic spots, of which there are many, are divided into five categories: mountainous, water, forest, caves and natural village. They include Xiaoyao Yanlin lake, Tianchen Yechu forest, Jiuxiao Biyun pass, Xiuxian Hewu lawn and Taoyuan Sanjia village. Xiaoyao Yanlin Lake is about 3 square kilometres.
- Longmen Ancient town (龙门古镇). This small town is about 50 kilometres from Hangzhou. It was the hometown of Sun Quan (the emperor of the kingdom of Wu in ancient China). This town is famous for its unique Qing dynasty buildings. Behind the town is Longmen Mountain. At 1067 meters, with ridges and peaks rise one after another, it is effectively the peak of the Fuyang Mountains. 90% of the villagers of Longmen ancient town are descendants of Sun Quan.
- Dongwu Park (东吴公园). The style of the buildings in this park is like the buildings in the Three Kingdoms. Just through the ancient gate is a scenic spot. It contains the Lushan Academy, a teahouse, a landscaped lake, and a leisure lawn. The Lushan Academy includes a chess school and poetry club. In the cultural scenic spot, there are some imitated ancient battlegrounds. In addition, in order to highlight the historical and cultural positioning of park, there are some performances about the Three Kingdoms. The park also contains dense forests.
- Bailong Temple (白龙寺). This is mixed Buddhist, slience, in the Dojo. According to Guangxu thirty-two years "Fuyang county annals" records: "temple was built in meidefang, two years (in 964), QingTai Jackson built, namely, yulong mountain method to cloud and hong ping two years to change today. Ming hongwu period and yongning temple, orthodox years by the county soon Chen yuan net sensation in the abbot monk esb etc. Renaissance, Yu Jingtai monk esb to rebuild the house for the most. In September of the first year of longqing ring in the monk, monks, built after the temple, spin Pi. Wanli 36 years, monk circle nutrient-laden reconstruction. Chongzhen decade monk dashun plasticizing lohan, kuan ti like, set the gate. Twelve years qing shunzhi, monk sheng raise plastic Buddha three quarters." Bailong temple in the Ming and qing dynasty, several and destroyed. In 1960, main building collapse destroyed because of disrepair.
- Children Park (儿童公园). The children's park is famous in Fuyang because it has many interesting attractions, such as bumper cars, trampolines and a roller coaster. Adults as well as children enjoy these attractions.
- Xinsha island (新沙岛) (Take a boat from near Fuyang High School). Xinsha island in the middle of Fuchun River. The area of island is 4.12 square kilometres. In the west of the island are large fresh water pools. It is a beautiful and relaxing place where people sip green tea, barbecue, swim, and camp out in the wild. Tourist can take ferryboat to go to the island behind Fuyang High School, which costs less than 10RMB. Private vehicles can also cross to Xinshao Island by ferry. One ferry boat is a reconstruction of a vessel from the Three Kingdoms period. 1 RMB for the boat; tickets for admission to the island are 25 RMB per person.
- Tianzhong Mountain (天钟山). Tianzhong Mountain is one of the most famous mountains in Fuyang, located in the south-west of Fuyang, near the Fuchun River. The area is about 10000 acres. There is a big temple on the top of the mountain. October 27th is the Temple Festival Day for Tianzhong Mountain. On that day, many pilgrims come there and many activities take place. Tianzhong Mountain not only has a beautiful and diverse natural landscape, but also has a profound cultural heritage with amazing tales associated with it. Lots ancient famous people came though here, including the First Emperor of Qin, Qin Shihuang, The Emperor of Wu Sun Quan and the first Emperor of Ming, Zhu Yuanzhang, and also the Emperor of Qing Qianlong. Su, Zhu Xi, Liu Ji , Huang Kong-wang and lots of literati also came here and left numerous works of poetry and paintings. If you are in Hangzhou, you may take the bus to Fuyang Xinche Bus station first, then the bus to the South Bus Station, and then a direct bus to the Tianzhong Mountain. If you have any question , you may call 0571-63580345 or 0571-63580003. The ticket is 35RMB per person.
- Huang Kung-wang Mountain National Forest Park (黄公望森林公园). Huang Kung-wang Mountain National Forest Park is eight kilometers from Fuyang city, nearby the Fuchun River , near the scenic Hangzhou Ling cave . It belongs the ministerial Nature Reserve in Zhejiang Miaoshanwu forest areas, is national scenic area of the primary attractions. Department of the provincial forest park established in 1994 appeoved by the Forestry Department of Zhejiang Province . Park area about 333 hectares ,the forest coverage rate is 96.5% , has about 49 kinds of animals , like the clouded leopards and antelope. Huang Kung-wang Mountain National Forest Park known as Fuyang ‘s Jiuzhaigou, compared with the Jiuzhaigou, it is not as famous as Jiuzhaigou, but it is also because it is almost modern “forgotten ” qualities that makes the national Jiangnan Fairview is even more delicate and refined. But Huang Kung-wang Mountain National Forest Park maybe is the most natural park in China. If you come to this park , you will bound to lament its natural fine. Nowadays, The movie Fuchun Mountains Forest Park in shooting in the Huang Kung-wang Mountain National Forest Park. If you want to visit there, you can come to Fuyang, and take a taxi to the park.
The base of volplane in Yongan mountain: There have a big base of glide, you can rental the glider in here. There is a best place to glide because they have the best weather, landing area, slope of hill, terrain, wind direction, and condition of traffic and vegetation. Few years ago, there have the international glide competition, the sportsman from Beijing, Shanghai, Qingdao, Wenzhou, Hangzhou, and 20 cities from China, and the international sportsman from France and Germany. Whatever, there is the best place to glide!!!!!
- Yudafu Park (郁达夫公园). There is a old house for Yudafu, it seems to the place that Yudafu live at his period of life. There is a Osmanthus, the is made by wood,and his family were living here. There are some things that he was using and the things that he went though. The house is not so large, but have so much experience that he had.Yudafu is a patriot, he was study in Tokyo. At the time that Chinese have difficult time, he started charity sale with overseas Chinese to help people inside China. He is one of the most famous writer in the near 100 years in Fuyang. His life is pretty tortuous, not only on his study, but also his marriage
- Qinwang Square (秦望广场). Qinwang Square is a new square near the Fuchun River. There is a significant building in its surrounding, named Fuyang international Mitte Hotel. The original idea of government to create this square is that, offering a place for people do excise and hold some gatherings. Children always play roller skating around this square, it because there is a enough space for them. As for old people they love to dance there, and usually attract more people to join them. Every night you drive to there, you can see the lights is quite beautiful and make the city more appealing.
- The cultural village of papermaking (造纸文化村). The cultural village of papermaking: This village recorded the history of papermaking in China. And it sits on the north bank of Fuchun River. The village covers an area of 2 hectares, there preserve variety of papermaking tools since skill of printing invented. The villager always wear the ancient clothes, they will teach you how to produce paper, visitors not only can tour, but also practical. That will add to the fun from playing and rich knowledge. The contemporary people will through a time tunnel back to the ancient civilizations thousands of years ago.
- Tongtian waterfall (通天飞瀑). The tongtian waterfall: The waterfall is very Gorgeous. And the most of waterfall is in a very big cavern. Cavern development for three hundred million years, is the Karst underground river cave. The waterfall, the waterfall drops more than 120 meters, is the biggest waterfall in east China, and is only waterfall thaty is in a cave. The whole cave is the Karst Geological Museum, is melts the sightseeing, exploration, geology, leisure, vacation tourism projects. And the traffic is very convenience, we can do lot of things there, because there have a very big village for have vocation, in there we can do some tradition things with villager, that must be extremely interesting!
- Fuyang Festivals
- Spring festival: the first day of lunar new year." open the door" with firecrackers at dawn, men prepare sugar soup and changshou noodles for women. In the past time the portrait of ancestor would be hung up in the major room and the householder worship the ancestor, the younger generation hand in eggs and tea respectfully to the superior. There is also the custom in Fenshui area to invite relatives to feast. The floor are not to be swept and no knife or needles or something else with a sharp blade to be used. And then pay a New Year call the next day.
- Dragon boat festival: also called "Duanwu festival". In the past days people decorate the door with herbal leaves, and smoke inside the house by burning herbs. Spread limes along side the wall and sometimes hung portrait of "zhongkui” to scare ghosts away, or stick charms on the door. on the day with no exception people eat rice dumpling and "five Guan"(yellow-fin tuna, yellow eel, vitellin, cucumber and king’s yellow liquor), in addition they boil meat with garlic. Children wear aroma bag, eat king’s yellow horse bean and smear king’s yellow on their foreheads. Doctors collect herbs for standby on the day. Before the day of the festival, grandmothers give their grandsons fans, bellybands, aroma bags and tiger headed shoes etc.
Fuyang has two cinema named Time and Hengdian. One is in Intime and another is in Wu Mei. The price of movie is not very expensive, only need 60 Yuan per a ticket. Near the cinema, there are a Video Game City and KTV. You can watch movie, sing songs or play video games at there. Across the street, there is a skating rink. At Da Runfa, there has many stores, you can enjoy yourself going shopping there. At there, you can drink coffee in Mei Yide which near by Da Runfa.
- Hangzhou Wild Animal World Zoo (杭州野生动物世界)  is located in Fuyang and is one of the largest zoos in eastern China.
- Fuyang Intime Shop (富阳银泰). If you want to go shopping in Fuyang ,Fuyng Intime Shop must be the first chice for you . Fuyng Intime Shop is located in the intersection of Chunqiu north road and Yucai Road ,there areas is the new urban center for Fuyang.Total area is about 22,000 square meters . Five stories high . Fuyng Intime Shop is the first largr-scale comprehensive department shopping mall in Fuyang .the increasing number of fashion brands were settled in Fuyang Intime Shop ,cause Fuyang Intime Shop accepted a highly popular . The main consumer for Fuyang Intime Shop is the grounp of young and fashion teenagers and new contributed families. The main business philosophy for Fuyang Intime shop is to transfer a new art of living ways to consumer , at the time they supplied consumers demanded , they pay more attention to the quality for people ‘s life . And in Fuyang Intime Shop , it not only has lots of cloth store , but it also has lots of restaurants for consumer , by the way, Fuyang Intime Shop also including a large cinima and KTV , supplied all the demanded for consumers . If you want to visit Fuyang Intime Shop , you may take a taxi or bus to come there directly , it is easy to be found , because it is really famous in Fuyang .
- Fuyang Wumei Market (物美超市). When you want to buy somethings in Fuyang, Fuyang Wumei Market is good choice.Fuyang Wumei Market is located in Longshan Building, 126 Long Hill Road, Fuyang City.Wumei Market is the newest market in Fuyang.You can buy anything in the market.For example,snacks,articles for daily use,vegetables,fruit,milk,fast food and so on. If you want to went to Wumei Market, you can take a taxi or walk to Longshan Building.
- Fuyang RT-Mart (大润发). RT-MART is the biggest market brand in Taiwan and have a chain market in Fuyang.RT-Mrat is the most popular supermarket in Fuyang because of it's variable of goods.In RT-Mart, there are also clothes and jewelry . If anybody want to buy some necessities， go to RT-Mart!
Banshan mountain. The new town board semi- Hill natural beautiful scenery, That is no pollution , good soil , rich peach .Each year , the mountain peach is very good. Annual Peach Blossom Festival " to attract a lot of guests , also fired the Mid-Levels peach brand , half of the village has been classified as the Hangzhou urban agriculture demonstration zone . Fuyang refreshment Fuyang has lots of refreshment and the most delicious refreshment named MuLian toufu. In fact, there is no relationship with toufu. It is made by climbing fig. And after we put it in the refrigerator about five hours, it will become like Jelly. And put some honey in it.Second,toufu is very famous in Fuyang.Because toufu is the special product in Fuyang DongWu Mountain.So,there are lots of refreshment make by toufu.And the most famous refreshment that make by toufu is Wo tofu.We use Minced meat, mushrooms, tender bamboo shoots, wild rice stem, or oily bean curd tofu to produce Wo toufu.
The best and the biggest club in Fuyang is The Babyface. It is located near Fuyang RT-Mart (大润发). The address is Jianpu West Road No.139. There is also other clubs in Fuyang. 118 Music Club (118音乐酒吧)，Keeping Distinctive(本色酒吧), Guanshan Club (鹳山酒吧), Les Club (les酒吧), No.88 Club (88酒吧), The Tang Club (唐会酒吧), Marsa (玛莎酒吧), The Holiday Club (假日酒吧), The One Way Street (单行道酒吧), The Break (突破电音酒吧), Be Original(富春街道原始酒吧), etc. Ann cloud top mountain tea[安顶山云雾茶]
There are a lot of great hotels in Fuyang. First, the grand Nanguo was one of the best hotels in Fuyang that is at 5 star level. It offers a screen of the best school of Fuyang, the natural environment of Guan Shan and the Fuchun river. At this hotel, one could definitely have an amazing time. It offers the buffet for breakfast and there is also one place for eating Japanese foods. It locates at somewhere near the center of the city. There is one thing bad, that is the attitude of the waiter at hotel. According to several websites, some costumers thought waiters are rude. Next, the grand international trade hotel, this is known as the best hotel in Fuyang right now. It was built 5 years ago, and the location is also perfect. It is near the Fuchun River; and it is also not far away from the center of the city, approximately 8 minutes driving. The electronic devices are great there and the food is delicious. It also offers buffet for the breakfast, including Japanese food, beef, ice cream and other snacks. It has some polite waiters and the security is really reliable. If you want to go to Fuyang for fun, you would better make a choice between these two.
The main hospital in Fuyang is the Fuyang People's Hospital located on Guihua Road.
According to local news accounts in 2013 the Fuyange government has taken action to contain the H7N9 avian flu. The sale of poultry has plummeted and the government has compensated local farmers for economic losses.