Jar is a city in the Sheki Region of Azerbaijan, technically belonging to Zaqatala. Jar is one of the beautiful places in Zaqatala. Jar famous for with big and green mountains and winds, with beautiful rivers, lakes and with wind animals and birds.
Jar's land was Georgia's land.Then the Georgia king George the 8th devived Georgia into 3 parts; Kahetiya, Kahskoye and Imeritinskoye. Kahetia was devided into 3 parts too. That was Kahetisk Qax and Jar. In Jar there were living Georgians, but in 1618 Dagestan Lezgis attacked Jar. Who could run, ran, but who stayes there became Muslims. Now in Jar there are Avars, Lezgins and other nationalities.
You can get to Jar by;
- taxi-0;30 minutes. 5manat.
- bicycle- 1 hours or 1;30 hour.
- bus- 0;30minuts.1 person 1manat.
- Chingis Tower, Jar Village (Take a taxi to Jar Village).
- The water factory. These factory get and produce water 'Золотой Родник'. It is situated near the Lezzet reusturant. You can buy it in the city.
- Lezet restaurant. Lezzet restaurant situated in Jar. It's a hotel and restaurant, too. The most famous food from this restaurant includes: Chestnut gutab, Suhurlu, minced and other kababs. The little cottages are situated on the trees and you can eat there. They have a bar too. Samavar tea service offers walnut and various other jams. Prices range from 5-10 AZN.
- Lezzet Restaurant and Resort, Upper Jar Village, ☎ 0174-552-51. 40 AZN and up for 1 cottage. If you're driving, ask for directions from Zaqatala town for Jar village. Accommodation is very basic: the rooms get very cold at night, there might be no hot water. But, the service is very good, everyone is really friendly and the food is delicious..