Aghaboe is a village in County Laois. It is located on the R434 regional road in the rural hinterland west of the town of Abbeyleix.
The parish comprises the civil parishes of Bordwell and Kylermough, in their entirety; the town and Coolacurragh in the parish of Coolkerry; all of the civil parish of Aghaboe lying in Clarmallough; and the parish of Kyledellig, except for about 100 acres (0.40 km2). In 1346 "The one eyed Diarmaid Mac Giollaphádraig ... aided by the Uí Céarbhail ... burned the town of Aghaboe and the cemetery and church and cruelly forsaking St. Canice, abbot, patron of the neighbourhood and found of the place, he, like a degenerate son to his father, burnt and completely destroyed with the crullest fire, the saint's shrine with his bones and relics." 1. Previous to 1855, the portion of the civil parish situated in the Barony of Clandonnagh, included moreover, the portion of the civil parish of Aghaboe situated in the Barony of Clandonnagh which with the 100 acres (0.40 km2) above of Kyledellig, became in that year the new parish of Borris-in-Ossary. The present area of the parish is 19,610 acres (79.4 km2).
- Church. Partially restored in 1986.