Welcome to the tourist office
The Wikivoyage tourist office is a place where you can ask travel-related questions about any place in the world. Wikivoyage volunteers will do their best to find the relevant information (or just reply off the top of their expert heads) and reply to you.
Before you ask your question here, be sure to search our travel guide for the destination or topic you're considering. Many questions are already answered within our guides! In addition, some of our destinations have docents who have volunteered to answer questions about specific places. If neither of those avenues bear fruit, then please ask away!
This page is for travel-related questions only. Information on how to contribute to Wikivoyage is at Help:Contents, while questions about Wikivoyage itself may be posed at the Pub. Queries regarding general information on non-travel topics may be made at Wikipedia's Reference desk; some topics tangentially related to travel include:
Please note that we can not guarantee a response and can not be held liable for incorrect or outdated information.
Answered questions will be moved to the Archives after two weeks of inactivity.
Want a faster answer?
How can I get my question answered?
Wineries near Paso Robles
Hi, everyone. I'm starting to plan a likely summer trip to California. Part of the trip is likely to be a trip from the Bay Area to Santa Barbara and back, including a visit to someplace on the way. We've already visited San Luis Obispo, so we're considering Paso Robles going and Salinas coming back, with a likely stay in San Jose on the front end, too. Your thoughts about any of those places are welcome, but in terms of Paso Robles, I'm wondering whether good wineries are very close, such that it would be reasonable for us to visit them in a rented car (of course with the driver tasting and spitting), and not pay for a winery tour. Ikan Kekek (talk) 06:23, 1 June 2017 (UTC) Asked by: Ikan Kekek (talk) 06:23, 1 June 2017 (UTC)
- My brother already has suggestions for me, for what it's worth, so I'll pay attention to what he says. Ikan Kekek (talk) 07:42, 3 June 2017 (UTC)
Going to Riga and Jurmala in July
I am considering travelling to Riga and Jurmala in Latvia in the start of July. I plan on visiting RopeFest near the centre of Riga but actually staying in Jurmala with my girlfriend, to be able to visit the beach. My itinerary would be as follows:
- Arrive at Riga airport on Saturday 1 July at 10:40 and go straight to RopeFest at Brivibas gatve 193c by 15:00.
- Leave RopeFest at 23:00 and go straight to Jurmala.
- Stay at Jurmala until Wednesday 5 July.
- Go to Riga airport to catch a flight back to Finland at 11:05.
Is this possible? My main concerns are the transfers. I'm sure I'll be all OK in Jurmala. Is it possible to:
- Get from Riga airport to Brivibas gatve 193c in four hours?
- Get from Brivibas gatve 193c to Jurmala in the middle of the night?
- Get from Jurmala to Riga airport by about 09:00 or 09:30 in the morning?