Preferred pronouns: he/him. But I'm not offended by other pronouns. Gender-specific pronouns were probably a bad idea in the first place, but we're stuck with them for now.
Articles upgraded from outline to usable: 262
- Manitoba: 18
- Saskatchewan: 16
- Alberta: 37
- British Columbia: 85
- Ontario: 101
- Quebec: 48
- New Brunswick: 19
- PEI: 1
- Nova Scotia: 22
- Newfoundland and Labrador: 19
In progress: 43
- Grimshaw, Saint-Jérôme, High Level, Whitecourt, Virden, Sylvan Lake, Rocky Mountain House, Kindersley, Biggar (Saskatchewan), Melfort, Waterford (Ontario), Hamber Provincial Park, Kwasitchewan Falls, Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve, Wapusk National Park, Pimachiowin Aki
- Nunavut 9:
- Northwest Territories 8:
- Yukon 6:
Some articles I've created: 46
- Trans Canada Trail, Quebec Route 389, Souris (PEI), Amherstburg, Montreal/East End, Uranium City
- Guadalupe Island, Meaux, Le Bourget, Priene, Miletus, and Didyma
- Seborga, Mazzorbo and Sant'Erasmo
- Walking in the United Kingdom, Driving in Switzerland, Surfing in Indonesia, Shopping in the United States, Studying in the United States, Working in the United States, World Cup 2018
- Aulavik National Park, Bruce Peninsula National Park, Georgian Bay Islands National Park, Fundy National Park, Gulf Islands National Park Reserve, Ivvavik National Park, Kejimkujik National Park, Kluane National Park and Reserve, Kouchibouguac National Park, Mealy Mountains National Park, Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve, Mount Revelstoke National Park, Naats'ihch'oh National Park Reserve, Pacific Rim National Park Reserve, Pukaskwa National Park, Qausuittuq National Park, Quttinirpaaq National Park, Ukkusiksalik National Park, Sirmilik National Park, Rouge Park, Sable Island, Thaidene Nene National Park Reserve, Tuktut Nogait National Park, Vuntut National Park, Wapusk National Park
Substantive articles that I have created from stubs: 39
- La Mauricie National Park, Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve
- Laguna San Rafael National Park
- Campobello Island
- Lane Cove National Park
- Ayubia National Park
- Albert Lea
- Manitoba: Île-des-Chênes, The Pas, Pinawa
- Saskatchewan: Arborfield, Caronport, Estevan
- Alberta: Airdrie, Cochrane, High River, Longview, Okotoks, Strathmore, Wabamun, Athabasca, Oyen, Morinville, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, Tofield
- British Columbia: Cape Scott Provincial Park, Port Renfrew, Mt. Washington Alpine Resort, Mount Baldy, Cache Creek, Enderby
- Ontario: Brock, Scugog, Grand Bend, Zurich (Ontario), Aylmer, Woodstock (Ontario), Tillsonburg
- Wikivoyage:Featured events
- Wikivoyage_talk:When_to_use_dates#When_to_use_dates_with_prices - 15 Dec 2017
- Schaumburg and associated - 12 Feb 2018
- Template talk:Exchange rates - 27 Jan 2018
- Talk:Mexico - 16 April 2018
- Molise, etc.
- Wikivoyage:Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense
Recently, currently, at the moment
Words and phrases like "recently", "currently", and "at the moment" should usually be avoided because they go out of date quickly. Here are some examples of where these words have been added to articles and then left to rot like an egg sandwiches in the hot sun:
- Southlake - someone wrote that this city had been recently chosen as the best place to live within the Dallas/Fort Worth area. That was written in 2006 or earlier, but remained in the article until 2018.
- Milton Keynes - someone wrote that "the bus operator, MK Metro, has recently been purchased by Arriva". That happened in 2006, and remained in the article until 2018.
- Chukotka - "Chukotka was until just recently governed by... Roman Abramovich" is pretty awful when you're reading it in 2018, ten years after he left the post.
- Central Asia - saying that Turkmenistan was "ruled until recently by a post-Soviet lunatic" is misleading when he died in 2006.
- Rochester's Wegmans store was replaced in 2013, which is not "recently" if you're reading it in 2018.
- "LIAT, which merged with Caribbean Star recently" - the merger happened in 2007, and this line remained in the article until 2018.
- Information on Brunei's ticket tax was added in 2010, and described misleadingly as being $2 "currently", until I removed it in 2018.
- Nuristan's warning told readers about the security situation in the region and emphasized that it was describing the situation "at the moment" (twice!) But it had not been updated between 2009 and 2018.
- The Melbourne has been telling us "At the moment there are a lot of job offers for nurses and craftsmen" since 2006. I deleted that in September 2018.
- The Saint Petersburg article has been telling since at least 2007 that "The most popular trend within music and clubbing in Russia at the moment is house/techno."
- The Brampton (Cumbria) article told readers "Carlisle airport is some 5 miles to the west, but at the moment (October 2008) there are no commercial passenger flights" for ten years! The moment has long since passed.
- Until 2019, the Wrexham article told readers that the Bridge End "is currently the Camra Pub of the Year". The year was 2011.
- The Arcadia, Michigan article told us in a 2009 update that a bar was for currently for sale". I removed that in April 2019. (Also, some of the text was written in the first person, apparently in 2006, and imported from the predecessor site. Ugh.)
- Mackinac_Island -- this is the oldest yet. From 2005 to 2019, the article told us what was "currently" being presented.