Morinville is primarily residential. One of the town's larger businesses, Champion Pet Foods, employs approximately 50 people.
Morinville was settled by Father Morin, an Oblate missionary, who brought many French settlers in the late 1800s, followed by several German pioneers—hence its many French and German families such as Hittinger, Riopel, Boissonnault, Tailleur, Houle, Labonté, St. Laurent, Maisonneuve, Bokenfohr, Krauskopf, Rustemier, and Meyers.
The monument in the St. Jean Baptiste Park lists the many names of pioneers and settlers to Morinville.
Morinville is 36 km northwest of Edmonton along Highway 2.
There are buses from Edmonton to St. Albert. Morinville is a $40-50 taxi trip from St. Albert.
- DB Taxi, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Morinville Taxi & Courier, ☏ .
- Morinville Yellow Taxi, ☏ .
- The Roman Catholic Church of the St. Jean Baptiste Parish, 10020 100 Ave. Built in 1907. The church, along with its adjacent but now inoperative convent Morinville Convent, was declared a historical site in 1975.
- Recreation amenities in Morinville include walking trails, a splash park, a trout pond, a skateboard park, a hockey arena, a curling rink, numerous parks and playgrounds, and outdoor fitness equipment stations along the trail system and at the splash park.
- Morinville Festival Days (formerly SJB). June 22-24, 2018. A fun-filled weekend in Morinville including a midway, children's activities, Show 'n Shine, parade, and entertainment.
- [dead link] Mercantile Inc, 10031 100 Ave, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Sa 10AM-4PM. Antique furniture store
- Bistro di Madre Piccola, 10015 100 Ave, ☏ . Tu-Su 11AM-9:15PM. Family-style Italian restaurant. Vegetarian-friendly, gluten-free options.
- Morinville Grill, 9918 100a St, ☏ . Burgers, sandwiches, steaks, and pizza.
- The Station Restaurant and Bakery, 10609 100 Ave, ☏ . M 7AM-2PM, Tu-Sa 7AM-7PM, Su 8AM-7PM.
- Morinville Hotel & Suites, 10219 100 Avenue (just off Highway 2 at Hwy 642), toll-free: . Free hi-speed Wi-Fi. From $90.
- Morinville RV Park, 55529 Range Road 255, Sturgeon County (just west of town on Main Street), ☏ . 54 Serviced sites plus large over-flow area. A few minutes walk to get to the centre of Morinville. The little lake is stocked with fish. Fire Pits on most sites (wood cost is $10 a bundle). Wireless Hotspot - Internet access $2.95/day, $24.95/week, or $45 month.
|Routes through Morinville|
|Peace River ← Athabasca ← Jct W ←||N S||→ St. Albert → Edmonton|