Mount Baldy, or Baldy Resort, is a small ski hill community in Okanagan overlooking the Okanagan Valley in southern British Columbia just north of the Washington state border.
Mount Baldy Ski Area consists of 35 downhill skiing trails. There is no night skiing at Mount Baldy Ski Area. Nordic trails are also open December through March.
The 1 Baldy Mountain area is unique as the associated village of 150 ski cottages are ski-in ski-out.
Check the snow conditions here.
Its road access is via McKinney Road from Oliver and from BC Highway 3 north of Bridesville and BC Highway 33 west of Rock Creek, in the Boundary Country. It is 35 minutes from Oliver and 45 minutes from Osoyoos, less than an hour from the US border, and roughly 5 hours from Vancouver.
The nearest airport with scheduled flights is in Penticton.
See and do
- 1 Baldy Mountain Resort, ☏ +1 250-498-4086. There is a ski school, day-lodge and lounge, ski equipment and snow shoe rentals available in the snow sports centre.
- Downhill skiing: A variety of beginner to advanced level runs.
- Snowboarding: The snowfall and the abundance of perfectly spaced trees on the mountain makes Baldy great for snowboarders.
- Snowshoeing: Explore the trails on an expert-guided tour, or rent equipment and discover the mountain on your own.
- Sledding: Grab your sled and hit the Magic Carpet Hill. Join the weekly Baldy Tobogganing Party every Saturday afternoon for hot chocolate and warm up by the cozy fire pit.
- Cross-Country Skiing: Enjoy the diverse terrain on Baldy Mt and its views. Trails to suit every level.
- Disc Golf: Disc Golf on a 18-hole course. Disc and scorecards available in the ticket office.
- Baldy Mountain Resort, ☏ +1 250-498-4086. Offers ski or snowboard rentals for beginner, intermediate and advanced skiers and snowboarders:
Eat and drink
- 1 Corduroy Café. On the ground level of the Baldy Bar and Lodge, the Corduroy Café offers ‘grab and go’ dining. Every morning there are fresh-baked goods created by the in-house baker. For breakfast you can find warm breakfast sandwiches, bagels, croissants, and wraps. The lunch menu offers light and heavier dishes of comfort foods, such as burgers, soups, wraps. Winter season only.
- 1 Baldy Bar and Lounge. Having undergone a fairly extensive renovation, it features a cozy fireplace by the comfy sofas, flat screen TVs for catching the big game, and a fresh, new menu. The Baldy Bar seats 100 people and offers table service. The menu offers locally-sourced ingredients, whenever possible. The Baldy Bar features daily specials and a full bar with local beers on tap. Winter season only.
- Honky Tonk Hotel, 170 Porcupine Rd, ☏ +1 250-498-4665 (HONK), email@example.com.
- 1 The Wapiti Creek Lodge, ☏ +1 250-490-6251, firstname.lastname@example.org. Each suite includes full kitchen and bathroom, gas rock fireplace, private deck and hot tub, satellite TV,cWi-Fi, two bedrooms. Suites from $199 a night.
- Mount Baldy Reservations B&B, ☏ +1 250-486-5766, email@example.com. One of the original cabins at Baldy Mt, Bonne Neige is a rustic log cabin. This charming ski in/out cabin has a fully equipped kitchen and a double bedroom on the main floor. In the loft there are two small “nook” bedrooms with a video/ DVD centre. Sleeps four. Comes equipped with Wi-Fi. No phone.