There is a bus service to/from Białystok several times a day, as well as to/from Hajnówka (centre of the powiat). The terminus is on ul. Waszkiewicza1 , an additional stop on ul. Kolejowa2 . A border crossing from Belarus at 3 (close to Grudki village and about 4 km from Białowieża proper) operates in daytime only. No motorized traffic passes through, bicycles and foot travellers only.
- Białowieża National Park (Białowieski Park Narodowy), a UNESCO World Heritage Site just next to the village, is the last remains of the primeval forest which once covered most of Europe.
- 1 Open Air Wooden Architecture of Rus' Population of Podlachia Museum in Białowieża (Skansen Architektury Drewnianej Ludności Ruskiej Podlasia w Białowieży), ul. Zastawa 66B. Complex of wooden huts, windmills and other farm buildings. Also a chapel and a sauna. Some buildings around one hundred years old were transported and assembled on this site.
- 2 Nature and Forest Museum (Muzeum Przyrodniczo-Leśne), Park Pałacowy 11, ☎ . 9AM - 4PM Mondays closed. 12 PLN normal 8 PLN discount.
- Palace Park (Park Pałacowy). An English garden park from 19th century. It assisted the (now non-existent) palace located on the hill which Russian tzars used in summer while on hunts.
- 3 St. Nicholas Orthodox Church (Cerkiew pw. św. Mikołaja), Sportowa 9 (near eastern gate of the garden park).
The Kupalle festival takes place in mid-summer. Singers perform Ukrainian and Belarusian songs from stage4 , and a theatrical presentation of East Slavic celebrations takes place at Narewka bank.
- 1 Parkowa Restaurant (Restauracja Parkowa), Park Pałacowy 11 (in the museum building, esp. its southern façade).
- 2 Irena (Irena. Restauracja) (west of the Narewka foot bridge).
- Sarenka Cafe Gallery, ul. gen. Waszkiewicza 8 (next to the Youth Hostel). A nice place, which sells art as well as hot drinks, fruit juice and similar (sadly no beer, wine or spirits). The owner often organises live music, film screenings, impromptu feasts etc.
- [dead link]Camping Białowieża, Krzyże 11, ☎ . 80 tent places + four double rooms.
- [dead link]PL Outback, ul. Graniczna 13, 17-230 Białowieża, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A new guest house with clean and modern double and twin rooms, all with ensuites. Shared kitchen facilities and lounge/terrace area. The owner Rose speaks excellent English. 40-50zł per night per person.
- [dead link]Chatka Puchatka, ul. Graniczna 6, ☎ . Agro-tourism accommodation "Chatka Puchatka" is situated in a lovely quiet area far away from housing in the nearby Narewka valley. Five basic double-rooms with bathroom. An outdated website states 'regional breakfast and dinner or supper are prepared from local, organic products', though they no longer provide meals. The house is situated aback with panoramatic view of Bialowieza. The main tourist attractions are 15-20 minutes on foot away. It's possible to rent a bike and set a campfire. Rooms approx €30 (120zł) per night. From €30.
- Paprotka Youth Hostel, ul. Waszkiewicza 6 (From the main square of town, walk east, away from the post office. You'll see signs on your right.), ☎ . Very basic Youth Hostel, member of Hostelling International. About what you'd expect from the location. 47 beds. Self-catering. Reservations for groups over 15 should be made by phone at least three days prior to arrival. 30 - 60 zł.
- Białystok, capital of the Podlaskie Voivodeship
- Belovezhskaya Pushcha National Park – cross-border, restricted area; a Belarusian guide required
- https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1nABd-DMUooUg3xcq-B6E87OuxOs – some places of interest marked and annotated