Box Hill is in Melbourne Eastern suburbs 14 km east of Melbourne cbd. Box Hill is a busy place, similar in ways to being in Melbourne City. There are many shops, especially in the train station and getting essentials from Box Hill will not be a problem.
In 2016, Box Hill had a population of 11,395. It is included in the local government area of the City of Whitehorse.
Box Hill is only 25 minutes from Melbourne by train. To use public transport you'll need a Myki card, which costs $6 (or $3 for children/concession) from post offices, milk-bars, petrol stations and train stations. Once you have the Myki card it needs to be topped up with money. An adult fee (for one trip) is approximately $3 (it changes frequently) and a child/concession fee is $1.50. The number of stops doesn't change the cost.
- 1 Box Hill railway station.
By tram or bus
- Tram route 109 runs along Whitehorse Road from Port Melbourne via the city.
- There are V/Line coaches that run from Melbourne (Southern Cross) to Mansfield / Mount Buller. The coach stop is opposite Box Hill Town Hall, on Whitehorse Road.
- The Box Hill Hawks are a local Australian rules football club, playing in the Victorian Football League and are based at the Box Hill City Oval. They are affiliated with the Hawthorn Hawks.
- The Whitehorse Pioneers compete in the Eastern Football League.
- Box Hill United Soccer Club competes in the National Premier Leagues Victoria 2.
- Box Hill has an 18-hole golf course, located at 202 Station Street.
Box Hill has shops along Station Street and Whitehorse Road, and a shopping centre, Centro Box Hill, which is integrated with a bus interchange and the Box Hill railway station.
- 1 Motel Maroondah, 768 Whitehorse Rd, ☏ . Straightforward rooms in a laid-back roadside lodging with free Wi-Fi and parking. $72.
Box Hill Hospital serves Box Hill and its surrounding suburbs.