In the early times, the red docks was the registered trademark of Puerto Madero, but now the new buildings in east side are changing its traditional image. This sector have an strong development in apartment buildings, many of they in construction phase. Many stores and shops have been opened month by month, expanding the offer of services. We must to add the auditorium and concert halls what promote a cultural circuit.
- Puente de la Mujer : A beautiful pedestrian suspension bridge.
- Skyline : Great views of the new skyline at night
- Restaurants and shops : Many shops and restaurants line this popular boardwalk as well
- Puerto Madero is a great place for a walk. All along the way there is a display of impressive cow art.
- Reserve Ecologica Castenera Sur is an expansive park and wildlife preserve popular with hikers, joggers, and bird watchers.
- Take a ferry to Uruguay and other destinations from the Buquebus ferry terminal at Darsena Norte
You will find the prices in Puerto Madero much higher than in the rest of the city—you're paying for location. Sometimes they are worth the price, sometimes not. Fixed price menus (three courses, called executive menu or "menu ejecutivo" in spanish) can be had with drink and coffee for 25 pesos (approx. €6.25); these restaurants have outside seating areas with excellent views of the dársenas, the Fragata Sarmiento and the old European-style warehouses.
- 1 Cabaña Las Lilas, Av. Alicia Moreau de Justo 516, ☎ . Probably the best place to eat meat in the Puerto Madero neighborhood. It's a highly rated restaurant among travel guides and sites, although not a local's favorite. Don't miss the ojo de bife!
- 2 Happening Puerto Madero, Av. Alicia Moreau de Justo 310 (caba), ☎ .
- 4 Siga la Vaca, Av. Alicia Moreau de Justo 1714 (All cab drivers seem to know where it is), ☎ . A must-visit restaurant while in Puerto Madero. You eat for about 50 pesos on week days lunch and 80 on weekends, and get unlimited salad, pasta, meat, and bottled water. Also included in the price are one bottle of red wine and one dessert per person. Not very popular among locals.