Oceania > Australia > Victoria (state) > South West Coast (Victoria) > Camperdown
At the 2016 census, Camperdown had a population of 3,369.
By public transport: Camperdown is on the rail line between Melbourne and Warrnambool, and is services by trains 3 times daily. Camperdown is also connected 3 days weekly to Cobden and Timboon by local bus.
By bike: Camperdown is the start of the Camperdown to Timboon rail trail, a 35km trail that connects the volcanic plains of the Kanawinka Geopark with the wooded valley town of Timboon.
By car: Camperdown is 196 km from Melbourne on the Princess Highway and Freeway (A1/M1). Camperdown is 67 km from Warrnambool travelling West on the A1.
The centre of Camperdown is easily explored on foot or bicycle. Walking trails are in place to climb Mount Leura and Mount Sugarloaf for clear views of the town. To explore the surrounding lakes and volcanic marrs private transport or bicycle would be advisable.
- Gnotuk Lookout, Gnotuk Rd.
- 1 Mt. Leura. 24/7. A stunning mountain only minutes away from Camperdown town centre portraying Victoria's nice green countryside.
- 2 Mt. Leura Lookout, Mt Leura Rd. 24/7.
- Climb Mount Leura and Mount Sugarloaf
- Climb the clocktower
- Explore the historic avenue
- Visit Lake Bullen Merri
- Visit the Botanical Gardens for a spectacular view over Lake Bullen Merri and Lake Gnotuk
The 12 Apostles Visitor Information Centre can provide details and maps regarding these attractions.
- The Loaf & Lounge, 223 Manifold St, ☏ .
- Camperdown Bakery, 114 Manifold St, ☏ . 6AM-4PM (closed Sundays).
|Routes through Camperdown|
|Warrnambool ← Terang ←||W E||→ Colac → Melbourne|
|Mount Gambier ← Warrnambool ←||W E||→ Colac → Melbourne|