Although the village itself is small the area is dominated by the airport and motor racing track.
1 East Midlands airport (EMA IATA). is south on a hill above the village. The airport mainly supports low-cost airlines such as Jet2.com, Ryanair and tour operators like Thomson Airways which serve a range of domestic and European short-haul destinations.
Exit at junction 24 of the M1 just north of the A 42. The village is the north west route off the traffic island while the airport is south west. The village is about 10 miles south of Derby via the A6/A50 and 11 miles north of Loughborough via the A6.
The closest rail station East Midlands Parkway but this is in the middle of nowhere with no local bus connections. Using one of the stations served by the Skylink service may be more convenient.
The village, Donington Park and the airport are severed by a number of bus services
- (Trent-Barton). Nottingham - Long Eaton - Castle Donington - Loughborough
- (Kinchbus). Derby - Castle Donington - Loughborough - Leicester
- (Roberts Coaches). Coalville - Castle Donington
- Download Festival: 12–14 June 2020. Rock and Heavy Metal festival.
- 1 Grand Prix Collectables, Donington Park, ☏ . Die cast Models, Minichamps Formula 1 Models , Hot Wheels F1 , CMC, Brumm and other Motorsport Merchandise.
A number of restaurant possibilities on Borough Street in the centre of the village including Indian and traditional fish & chip shop.
The airport has a number of fast food restaurants, most air-side with only one before security.
Near the village
Near the airport
- 2 Hilton East Midlands Airport Hotel, Pegasus Business Park (Off the M1 junction 24), ☏ .
- 3 Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport, Pegasus Business Park (At the airpott), ☏ .
- 4 Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel, Pegasus Business Park, ☏ .
- 5 Radisson Blu Hotel East Midlands Airport, Pegasus Business Park, ☏ .
- 6 Thistle East Midlands Airport hotel, East Midlands Airport, ☏ .
|Routes through Castle Donington|
|Sheffield ← Nottingham ←||N S||→ Loughborough → Leicester|
|merges with and ←||NW SE||→ Loughborough|
|Derby ← Shardlow ←||W E||→ merges with|