North America > United States of America > Midwest > Illinois > St. Louis Metro East > Fairmont City
The village is only about 5 minutes from the world-famous Gateway Arch of St. Louis. Sunset often provides picturesque views of the arch and St. Louis' skyline. Collinsville Road, once known as the National Road, runs the length of the village. Along this route there is an accumulation of vintage, in situ roadside Americana advertising signage that is unsurpassed in the area.
- 1 [dead link] Royal Relax Inn Fairmont City, 5280 Collinsville Rd, Fairmont City (two miles from Gateway Raceway and right off of the I-70, I-64, I-55, and I-255 interchange.). Motel outside ESL, on the way to Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site.
- 2 Indian Mound Motel, 4700 Collinsville Rd, Fairmont City, ☏ . Another motel on the way to Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site.
- 3 Royal Budget Inn, 6016 Collinsville Rd, Fairmont City, ☏ . Yet another motel along the same road as Royal Relax Inn and Indian Mound Motel.
- Safari RV Park, 5110 Collinsville Rd, Fairmont City, ☏ .
- Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site in bordering Collinsville was the center of the largest prehistoric Native American city in the U.S. and one of only 20 UNESCO World Heritage sites in the nation.
- Gateway Motorsports Park, bordering Fairmont City, holds many different motorsports events.
- St. Louis, of course.
|Routes through Fairmont City|
|Springfield ← Collinsville ←||N S||→ East St. Louis → St. Louis|
|St. Louis ← East St. Louis ←||W E||→ Collinsville → Indianapolis|