Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > West Country > Devon > Kingsbridge
Around the Kingsbridge Estuary lies a number of villages and small settlements such as Salcombe and Frogmore
Several of the creeks of the estuary have independent names, including Blanksmill, Frogmore, Southpool, Batson and Bowcombe Creek.
Arrive by bus from Dartmouth, or drive or cycle along the A379.
The nearest airport is Exeter Airport.
You can walk around.
- 1 Overbeck's, Sharpitor, TQ8 8LW, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. The seaside home of inventor and scientist Otto Overbeck.
- In the village of Frogmore, you should try to visit the bridge over the creek head at sunset. The creek lies on an east-west axis and the colours and reflections on the water can make for some rather stunning images.
Launch a boat at the public hard at the head of the creek.
- There is a Regatta during the summer in Frogmore - around the first or second weekend in August. A variety of boat based races are followed by the race across the creek - through the tidal mud. Amusing to watch or take part in! Take part in the race across the creek at the regatta.
- 1 @ the bakery, ☎ . Pasties and other assorted pastry treats from the Post office and Bakery. Frogmore pasties are a proper meal in themselves and the jam doughnuts are equally good.
There are a few B&Bs in the village, one or two with very nice views of the creek that you can wake up to.
- 1 The Globe Inn, Frogmore, ☎ . The Globe Inn serves a variety of decent beers, both local and exotic.
- 2 Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, Cliff Rd, Salcombe, ☎ .