Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Greve)
This guide covers the Italian city, for the Copenhagen suburb of the same name see: Copenhagen/Vestegnen.
- Angela's Tuscan Wine Tours. Licensed tour driver-guide Angela Saltafuori offers a range of private and shared wine tours of the Chianti Classico wine zone, the Brunello zone and Chianti Castles route. Tours include two tastings, light lunch and a special visit such as a mediaeval village.
- [dead link] Discovery Chianti Bike & Walking Tours, firstname.lastname@example.org. Discovery Chianti is the most natural way to explore the wonderful land of Chianti. Only those who are native to this beautiful region can help you discover and really appreciate all its unique full beauty and charm. The Discovery Chianti team is composed entirely of people who were born and have grown up in the area.
- Castello di Querceto, Via A. François, 2, 50020 Greve in Chianti (FI), ☏ . 10.30-17.30. From traditional Chianti to more modern Super Tuscans. Tour and tasting 10 €/person.
- Fontodi, Panzano, ☏ . Chianti Classico and Super Tuscans. Also olive oil.
- Querciabella, Via di Barbiano 17, 50022 Greve in Chianti FI, ☏ . Award winning Super Tuscans.
- [formerly dead link] Villa Cafaggio, Via San Martino in Cecione 5, Panzano, ☏ . Quality producer of Chianti Classico. Visits from Mon to Sat by appointment.
- Restaurant Villa Sangiovese, Panzano, ☏ , fax: . Panoramic view out over the vineyards, olive trees and cypresses of the Chianti hills.
- Villa Bordoni. Part of the hotel by the same name, the Villa Bordoni restaurant is made up of two intimate rooms which open onto an Italian garden, perfumed by the bouquet of Florentine roses that wind their way along its stone walls. For those who prefer to dine under the stars or watch the sun set slowly behind the Chianti hills, candle-lit tables are dotted amongst the palms and box hedges. In the cooler months, the fireplace is lit to make a crackling fire. The wine cellar is carved directly out of the bedrock upon which the Villa stands. Formerly a dungeon attached to a fortified watchtower, it dates back to the 11th century, and is all that remains of the original structure. Many hard-to-find vintages and Tuscan wine icons such as Querciabella, Fontodi, La Massa and Poggio Scalette are present in the list of reds, whereas amongst the whites there is a strong preference for the northern regions of Alto Adige and Friuli.
- Albergo del Chianti. In an old tower, in the main square of the town. The hotel hall is really nice thanks to the owner who is a collector of old Tuscan "arte povera" furniture.
- Casa al Monte di Sopra, Località Casa al Monte - Panzano in Chianti, ☏ , , email@example.com. Big farmhouse which has being built during the centuries all around an old tower, date back to 13° century. The Villa is perfectly equipped and can cosily receive up to 9 people.
- [formerly dead link] Villa Bordoni, 31-32 Via Cresci, ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. 16th century noble villa commands an extraordinary vantage point over the unspoiled Chianti hills, proud to be among Condé Nast Traveller's '60 Best New Hotels in the World'
- Villa Le Barone, Panzano, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. Ancient manor house built in the Middle Ages and now converted into a luxury charming hotel, that combine old world charm and contemporary technology.
- Montefioralle - a small nearby mediaeval village
- Panzano in Chianti - 10 minutes from Greve, most important hill town between Florence and Siena
- Fonterutoli - tranquil and beautiful wine village 30 minutes from Greve in the direction of Siena