Alimosho is a local government area in Lagos State, South West Nigeria. It is the largest local government in Lagos in terms of population. This article includes Idimu, a suburb of Alimosho that is east of Isheri Olofin and south of Oduwole, and Ikotun.
Alimosho is a multi-lingual area of Lagos. It is dominated by people of several ethnic groups: Yorubas, Igbo, and the Hausas. Most of the people who live in Isolo speak English language at least on an average level. Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa are also spoken by people of the respective ethnic groups.
You can get in from any part of Lagos. There are several public transport that ply this route. The closest place you can get a bus to this lga is from iyana-ipaja
- 1 GIGM Buses, Ikotun Terminal, 29, Ikotun Road, Ikotun (Opposite Ikotun LG, Ikotun Bus Stop). Longer distance air-conditioned bus services.
You can get Uber or Bolt to take you to this town from anywhere in Lagos.
This is not an option as bikes are not allowed in Lagos State.
You can move around in this area by bus. You can get a bus at any bus-stop easily and this is the common means of transportation
You can move around in your car in this town. The roads are good. You can also take Uber or Bolt to anywhere in the town
You can ride a bike for short distance journey in this area, but it's very risky.
You can walk short distances in this lga.
- 1 Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), Ikotun (near Ikotun market). A charismatic Christian megachurch, founded by the controversial late T B Joshua. Over 50,000 people attend services on some Sundays.
- 1 Filmworld Cinemas, Ikotun - Idimu Rd, Egbe, ☏ .
- Marturion cinema, ☏ .
- 2 Gabriel Orororo Event Center, Governors' Rd, Ikotun.
- 1 Unique Roslad Supermarket, 42 Akowonjo Rd, Egbeda.
- 2 Wonderful Place Supermarket, Mokola Bus Stop, Akowonjo, 59 Idimu Rd, Egbeda, ☏ .
- 3 Jendol Supermarket, Ademola Adefuye St, Idimu, ☏ . 8AM-5PM.
- 4 De Royal Supermart, 5th Ave Rd, Idimu, ☏ . 8AM-10PM. In-store shopping
- 5 Iconic Supermarket, ☏ . 9AM-9PM. In-store shopping.
- 6 Domino Supermarket Idimu, Idimu, ☏ . 9AM-9:30PM. In-store shopping. In-store pick-up. Delivery.
- 7 Grocery Bazaar Ltd. Idimu Lagos, Ikotun - Idimu Rd, Ikotun. 9AM-9PM. In-store shopping. In-store pick-up. Delivery.
- 8 Trippleplus supermarket, 30 Fatade Rd, ☏ . 08:00-20:00. In-store shopping
- 9 Ikotun Market, Ikotun. One of the largest markets in Lagos State, with 8,000 stalls selling food and household goods.
- 10 Estolaf Supermarket, 41/43 Governor's Road, Ikotun (Bayota Unity bus stop). M-Sa 8AM-10PM.
- 11 Ayo Store, 30 Igesun Road, ☏ . 9AM-10PM. Grocery store.
- 12 Springfield Super Market, Ayobo-Ipaja Rd, Ipaja. 9AM-10PM. In-shop shopping and delivery.
- 13 Yinka Supermarket, 38 Market Rd, ☏ . 9AM-10PM. In-shop shopping.
- 14 Ibukun Oluwa Supermarket, No 5 Adewale Mold, Megida Ayobo. 9AM-10PM. In-shop shopping.
- 15 E Minimart. 9AM-10PM. Grocery store.
- 16 Olayinka Supermarket, Anchor Road, ☏ . 9AM-10PM. General store.
- 17 Sola Supermarket, 50 Market Rd, ☏ . 9AM-10PM. Supermarket.
Try Fufu or Pounded Yam and Egusi soup, Amala and Ewedu soup, pepper soup, or Jollof rice. You can also sample snacks and street food such as shawarma, roast plantain, suya and so on.
- Akanchawa Resturants, Isheri, 294 Isheri Ikotun Road.
- 1 Crown Restaurant, Ayobo Rd. 9AM-10PM.
- Foodyfan, Idimu Rd, Egbeda.
- 2 Double G Foods, No 12/14, Ayobo Road, Megida bus stop, ☏ . 9AM-10PM.
- Tasty Heaven Resturant, 124 Governor's Rd, Ikotun.
- 3 FoodyFan, Idimu Rd, Egbeda, ☏ . 9AM-10PM. Dine-in. Takeaway.
- 4 Cravings And More, 60 Idimu Rd, Idimu. 9AM-10PM.
- 5 Makinde Bus-stop Ayobo, 10 Yusuf Onifade Close, Idimu. 9AM-10PM.
- Mama Charles restaurant, Akowonjo Rd, ☏ . 9AM-7PM daily. Service type dine in take away delivery.
- Friends Restaurant, Idimu Rd NNPC filling station abule odu bus stop,208 idimu rd isheri olofin Lagos, ☏ . 7AM-9PM. Service type: Dine in take away delivery fast food.
They have different varieties of local food like jollof rice spaghetti and sauce amala egusi ewedu and eba and many more.their meal packages are affordable.
- The place Restaurant Akowonjo, 155/156 Akowonjo rd Egbeda lagos, ☏ . 8AM-10PM. Menu: jollof rice fried rice fried spaghetti and egg plantain assorted meat coconut rice vegetable and porridge yam different kind of local and continental dishes. You dine in, get take away packs and can get your meals delivered to you.
- D-Place Restaurant & Bar, 52 Okunola Rd, Egbeda, ☏ . 8AM-10PM. Has some jollof rice, fried rice, spaghetti, boiled yam, amala, wheat, egusi and many more. Dine in, take away, delivery options available.
- Wonihons garden and restaurant, Governor's Rd, Ikotun, ☏ . 10AM-11:30PM. Has African dish, breakfast special, fast food, continental dishes, snacks etc. Dine in, take away and delivery options available. ₦400.
- FoodCity, Along Ikotun -Idimu Road by Local government bus stop Ikotun. Daily 8AM-10PM. Local and continental food: meals, pastries: city grains (spaghetti at ₦250, rice ₦300, noodles ₦400) proteins (assorted meat ₦400, peppered chicken ₦1200, peppered turkey ₦1,400, grilled croaker ₦2,000) pastries minimum of ₦150, Natives meal minimum of ₦100.(updated March 2022)
- MrBigg’s[dead link] Beside Alimosho local government council Ikotun. Daily (7AM-9PM) fast food including Nigerian delicacies and UAC foods. (updated March 2022)
- 1 Classico Hotel, Ayobo Rd, Alimosho. Night club.
- 2 Culture Pub, 60b Akowonjo Rd, Egbeda.
- 3 135 Bar, Restaurant & lounge, 135 Governor's Rd, Ikotun.
- 4 87 Grill and Bar, Church St.
- 5 Aso Rock Hotel, Bar & Lounge, 37 Abaranje Rd, Ijegun, ☏ .
- 1 Havannah Suites, Plot 105, 107 & 109 3rd Avenue, F Cl, Gowon Estate, ☏ . Unassuming rooms & suites, plus dining, a vibrant nightclub & an outdoor pool area with a DJ. ₦12,000.
- 2 Haminton Grand Hotel Egbeda, Selait Estate, 8, Kola Ogundeji Street, Idimu Rd, Egbeda. ₦16,368.
- Infinity Hotels, 1 Sewage Avenue, Abesan Estate Rd, Ipaja, ☏ . Hotel with good room facilities. ₦7,000.
- Sonix Light Hotel and Suites, Ashipa road, 16, Babatunde Adeyanju Street, Ayobo Rd. Good room facilities and good location overall for sightseeing, recreation, dining and getting around.
- 3 Marble Hills Hotel, Egbe 102213, Lagos.
- 4 Treasure Palace Hotel & Resorts, 1, Treasure Close, Hand Of Fire Bus Stop, Igando Rd, Ikotun, Lagos, ☏ . Check-in: 10AM, check-out: noon.
- 5 Glorious Hotel and Suite, 25 Segun Irefin Street, Ikotun Egbe. from ₦10,000.
- 6 Hardrock Hotel and Suites Ltd., 16 Unity St, Ikotun Egbe, ☏ . It has a bar and a restaurant and they offer free breakfast.
- 7 Prince & Princess International Hotel, 4 Akwu Iwu Street Ijegun-Ikotun road.
There is MTN, Airtel, Etisalat and Glo available in every part of this lga.