Route 330 runs right through the area.
- 1 Reef Encounters, 1-493 Miyagi (Chatan, a stones throw from the excellent shore diving at Sunabe sea wall), ☏ , (Emergency contact number). All instructors are fluent in both English and Japanese. Ask to drift dive Ugan or get lost with the sharks in the Kamiyama labyrinth. PADI and NAUI courses are available, with a discount for combined open water/advanced open water courses. For the experienced or adventurous ask about technical courses or diving Yonaguni.
- 2 Music Town (コザ・ミュージックタウン). Music Town is home to dozens of restaurants, music halls, recording and editing studios, entertainment halls, money exchanges and retail businesses. Located only a short drive from Kadena Air Base Gate 2.
- 1 King Tacos (キングタコス) (Located outside of the Camp Hansen Marine base.). King Taco is hands down the authority on the local creation "taco rice and cheese", a mouth watering dish that will make any night in Kin something special to remember.
- 2 Sukiya (In the first floor of Koza Music Town.). 24 hours. This is a national beef-on-rice chain. It is a cheap late night eating choice.
- 3 CoCo's, Route 58 (near Gate 5 of Camp Foster). A Japanese-style curry house. This place is especially popular with United States Marines stationed on the island.
- 4 Yoshihachi. A famous sushi place. Any taxi will know how to get to Yoshihachi's, but beware: Yoshihachi's is only open daily after 16:30, and it is closed on Tuesdays.
- 5 Jiro Cho, Chatan (Near Araha Beach). Recognizable with the Iron Horse in front, this is probably the best restaurant on Okinawa. Jirocho's sushi, sashimi, tempura and sake are world-class. They also serve some excellent Okinawan dishes, often as specials. The seafood is as fresh as you will find on Okinawa--what truly distinguishes this restaurant is the emphasis on fresh and seasonal ingredients. All of this is served in an elegant atmoshphere with a very friendly staff. Yoshihachi can be fun but is very overrated. Jirocho is the place!
In Kadena (嘉手納), Gate 2 Street outside the back gate of Kadena Airbase has many bars and restaurants. Most of the Military Officers on the island tend to hang out in the bars on "the Seawall", which is located right outside Gate 1 of Kadena. One of the most well known bars on the air force base is 1 Eclipse.
- 1 Hilton Okinawa Chatan Resort, 40-1 Mihama, Chatan, Nakagami District, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. Hotel with 4 restaurants/bars, a few outdoor and indoor pools and a spa. Parking is free of charge.
|Routes through Okinawa City|
|Kyoda ← Ishikawa ←||N S||→ Nishihara → Naha|
|Nago ← Kin ← Uruma ←||N S||→ Nakagusuku → Naha|
|END ←||N S||→ Urasoe → Ginowan → Naha|