Dhaka Division is a region in Bangladesh.
- 1 Dhaka - the frenzied, colorful capital of the nation.
- 2 Dhamrai Upazila
- 3 Gazipur
- 4 Gopalgonj
- 5 Manikganj
- 6 Narayanganj - river port that is a major trade center of jute and textiles
- 7 Savar
- 8 Tangail
- 1 Idrakpur Fort - Mughal fort
- 2 Padma Meghna River Estuarine - water, water everywhere at confluence of Padma and Meghna Rivers
- 3 Sonarong Jora Moth - Hindu site consisting of twin temples
- 4 Sonargaon - former capital during the Mughal era, now filled with many old ruins and buildings
Dhaka Division is often ignored by tourists who visit the country, but it is filled to the brim with many hidden gems.
Bengali is universally spoken, with English also being quite common in the larger towns and cities.
Dhaka has the nation's largest international airport, which has air connections to numerous cities all over the world.
The Dhaka Division can easily be reached by buses and trains from other areas of the country. There is also a land border with India.
Dhaka is the logical basis for any travel. There are buses that will take you practically everywhere in the region.
A huge variety of food is available within the city of Dhaka. Local Bangladeshi cuisine is easily obtainable, along with Chinese, Thai, and other Asian cultures. The grilled chicken with paratha, along with the naan are locally famous. Star Kebab is probably the most famous restaurant here, with other well known ones including KFC, CFC and Domino's.
Dhaka Division has borders with every other division in Bangladesh. There is also a border with India.