LUFASI Nature Park (Lekki Urban Forest Animal Shelter Initiative Nature Park) is a park in Lekki-Epe area of Lagos, Nigeria. LUFASI Nature Park is along the Lekki-Epe expressway close to Sangotedo area of the state and not so far from the popular Lagos Business School.
LUFASI Nature Park which is an urban forest park is built on 20 hectares of land along the Lekki-Epe Expressway. The nature park comprises of a relaxation center for adults, a play park and a football pitch for the young ones or young adults. The LUFASI Nature Park is established in 2013 and is one of the very popular nature parks in Lagos and Nigeria. Since its inception, the nature park has been a center for nature and leisure walks, outdoor sports, field research, school excursion amongst others.
Some amenities in LUFASI Nature Park are:
- Eco hall for environmental education classes
- Forest Tour
- Animal Sanctuary and Rehabilitation Centre
- Lake Nora
- Volley Ball Pitch
- Basketball Pitch and many others
LUFASI Nature Park was set up in 2013 as a Non-Government Organization (NGO) with the sole point of safeguarding nature and ensuring untamed life and imperiled species. It was established by Desmond Majekodunmi, an admirer of creatures, an Engineer, and an ecological lobbyist. The park is also responsible for advocacy, research, and education in Nigeria as it has been used as a research and educational park. The Park sits on 20 hectares of forest land in the Lekki area of Lagos. It officially launched in Nov 2016. The Park serves as a shelter for rescuing endangered animals as it has been continuously doing this. It is a combination of a conservation center, recreational center, and animal shelter. LUFASI Nature park has become one of the popular tourist attractions in Lekki.
LUFASI Nature Park is located around the Lekki-Epe area of Lagos which is a very popular area in Lagos. You can get into LUFASI Nature Park by car or by your personal car, in case you are not familiar with the route, just put 'LUFASI Nature Park' on google map and follow the prompt direction and you will find your way to LUFASI Nature Park.
Another way is to use the popular car-hailing services in Nigeria, like Uber, Bolt, and others.
There are special 'white buses' that ply Lagos Island, you can easily board them and they will drop you at the park
Fees and permits
Admission tickets into the LUFASI Nature Park are as follows:
- Adults ₦1,000
- Children ₦500
Once you have paid the fees, you are permitted to start exploring the park and all of the facilities.
Visitors to LUFASI Nature Park can get around the park immediately after they pay the entry fee, they have the opportunity to get around the whole nature park.
- The Children Play Area - There is a children's play area in the LUFASI Nature Park, so it is a place to take your children and wards too. The children's play area is composed of swings, slides, etc.
- Lake Moses: It has two artificial lakes at different points of the park. One of the lakes is Lake Moses. This is a lake you should ensure by all means to see when you visit the nature park.
- Lake Nora: This is the second lake at the Park.
- The Picnic Area: It also has an outdoor area for picnics and family gatherings, a tourist would really love to come here with their family and friend, it will be a maximum funfair.
- Volleyball Pitch: There is never a dull moment at the park. It has several sporting facilities.
- Football Pitch: It has a five aside football pitch.
There are a lot of things visitors or tourists can do in LUFASI Nature Park. Some of them include:
- Going to see the pond, you would see some ducks swimming in it, it usually has a very beautiful sight, you will be able to take photos with those sights and you should request a tour guide to take you around the Nature Park.
You should also move to places where animals are kept, you will see different animals like tortoises, Monkeys, donkeys, and others.
You should also look and check out the popular Ekki Forest and a lot of historic sites found there.
Eat and drinks
At the nature park, Different kinds of food and drinks are sold there. Roasted meat and chicken, soft drinks, energy drinks, coconut, and a lot more are being sold in the LUFASI Nature Park. Of course, Besides, people who want to have a get-together or picnics also make use of the LUFASI Nature park, they are allowed to bring in their own food and drinks.
COVID-19 Protocols are strictly followed.
The use of a face mask is compulsory.
There is compulsory checking of temperature at the point of entry, once anyone's temperature is above normal, the fellow would be denied access to the Nature Park.
The LUFASI Nature Park is also safe, with security operatives around to ensure the safety of tourist, so tourist have nothing to fear or fright about.