Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > North West England > Lancashire > Lytham St Annes
Lytham St Annes is a conurbation in Lancashire, England. It is comprised of 3 towns, Lytham, Ansdell and St. Annes. It is a fairly affluent area, having being and still is a place that wealthy people retired to after generating wealthy in a city.
Lytham is served by trains from Preston on the Blackpool South Line.
Manchester Airport offers a wide selection of destinations. Blackpool Airport has no scheduled flights nowadays.
Take the M55 then follow signs for Lytham St Annes.
Walking is the best way to get around, Lytham is only small! Bus service, the numbers 2, 7 & 11 travel through Lytham.
- Lytham Green. a mile long stretch of grass between the beach and the town.
- 1 Lytham Windmill, lytham green.
- RNLI museum, lytham green.
- Heritage Centre, Henry Street. the heritage centre is where you will find all the information on Lytham's history. Regular exhibitions are held by local artists, painters, craft, etc.
- 2 Lowther Gardens. medium-sized park with tennis courts and bowling green.
- 1 Fairhaven Lake. Take a stroll around the picturesque Fairhaven Lake. Enjoy a coffee and a bite to eat in the accommodating cafe. There is a RSPB exhibition located here which is free entry. On a sunny day the grassy banks are an ideal place to enjoy a picnic, with great views over the Ribble estuary to Southport.
- 2 St Anne's Pier. The 600ft (183m) pleasure pier, built in 1885, was originally 914ft long but was shortened in 1982 following a fire and the then owners finacial difficulties. The pier has a cafe and is lit at night.
- Postcards - lytham is a nice town. Winner of Fylde in Bloom.
Lytham is spoilt for choice when it comes to restaurants.
- Portofinos, Henry St. An Italian style restaurant that is very popular.
- Cafe Neon Greek restaurant located on the corner of Clifton Street and Station Road.
- Nadine's cafe A small cafe offering luxurious cakes and snacks - great for tea and cake on an afternoon. Try the pavlova.
- 1 Cafe Grand @ The Grand Hotel, The Grand Hotel, South Promenade, FY8 1NB. New contemporary restaurant,
- Danny's Armenian Kebab House.
- The Chicory. Pricy but yummy.
- Seasons Chinese Takeaway.
- The Red fort Good quality Indian restaurant - twinned with The Moghul in St. Anne's.
- Lytham Kitchen, Clifton Street, opposite the war memorial. A licensed cafe/diner with some of the best home made burgers around.
- 1 The Taps, 12 Henry St. Always lively. Excellent choice of real ale.
- Zest, 21 Market Square. Continental style bar. Relaxing and classy.
- The Queens Hotel A very popular and lively pub among young locals Thu-Sat.
- Flambe, Henry Street. Another stylish cocktail / wine bar serving a vast array of cocktails.
- The Station Tavern Pub situated next to Lytham train station, serves some good real ales and is popular as it is the only pub to stay open 'till 12 every day!
- Pizza Express, Clifton Street. Right in the centre of Lytham.
- The Grand Hotel. Boutique hotel with spa. Views over the Irish Sea and very close to Royal Lytham Golf Club. ****
- 1 Clifton Arms Hotel.
- 2 The St Ives Hotel.
- 'Premier Travel Inn'. The County.
- 3 Best Western Glendower Hotel, ☏ . Beautiful period hotel with en-suite rooms and magnificent sea-views
- Mode Hotel and B&B, ☏ . Boutique hotel and B&B in Lytham St Annes.
- 4 The Rooms, 35 Church Rd, Lytham FY8 5LL, ☏ . Stylish friendly B&B with five rooms. Assistance dogs only. B&B double £120.
- Pop up the road and see the mighty Blackpool FC.