It is located at the extreme northern end of the Blackall Ranges.
From Brisbane go over the Gateway Bridge and through the toll leading onto the Bruce Highway. Follow the signs to the Sunshine Coast. After 10 km take the Glass House Mountains exit on the left (there is a big brown sign mentioning Beerburrum, Maleny and Landsborough). Then look for the signs for Maleny as you transit Landsborough and begin the climb up a steep road into the Blackall Ranges towards Maleny, Montville and Mapleton. From Maleny you'll see signs for Montville and Mapleton. Be aware that the Sunshine Coast is a popular weekend getaway for Brisbanites, so expect a slightly longer drive in this direction on a Friday afternoon. You will also have to pay the toll on the Gateway Bridge as you leave south Brisbane.
Mapleton and the other communities of the Blackall Ranges are spread out over a fairly large area. You'll need a car to enjoy your stay here.
- Range Taxi Service - Tel: 0418 711 989 (mobile) 24 hours.
- Delicia Road Conservation Park, ☏ . Adjacent to Mapleton Forest Reserve, just to the northwest of Mapleton. Protects rainforest remnants. Walking tracks. No camping.
- Mapleton and Mapleton Falls National Park, ☏ . Obi Obi Road. The Falls tumble 120 metres down the escarpment from Pencil Creek. 26 hectares with rainforest and nice views and typical Blackall Ranges wet eucalypt environs. Picnic area, toilets, shelters, barbecue facilities and walks. Can be crowded during holidays. No camping.
- Mapleton Forest Reserve, ☏ . Just to the northwest of Mapleton. 11,000 hectares with several picnic areas and walks. Camping allowed in three areas (with permits).
- Seaview House (St Isidore's Farm College), 40 Post Office Road. Most historic house in the region, built in the early 1900s by Mapleton orchardist William James Smithnow, and later bought by Catholic Archbishop of Brisbane for tertiary training. Now privately owned.
- Technitherm Thermometers, 26 Delicia Road, ☏ . Off Obi Obi Road. Locally made thermometers and barometers. A unique Australian business since 1945.
- Fishtales Cafe, 11 Obi Obi Road, ☏ .
- Lilyponds Pizza, ☏ . Post Office Road.
- Senor Paella, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Catering, 115 Dulong Road. - Outside catering that requires no facilities; traditional Spanish paella cooked in huge pans in your garden, the park, even at the beach.
- Mapleton Tavern, Montville Mapleton Rd, ☏ . Corner of Montville-Mapleton Road and Obi Obi Road. Extensive range of quality wines, beers and spirits. Bottle shop. Restaurant. Nice views.
- Eden Lodge Bed and Breakfast, 97 Flaxton Drive, ☏ . Nice views.
- Sunshine Coast Motor Lodge, 279 Nambour Connection Rd, ☏ . Nambour lodge
- Lilyponds Holiday Park, 26 Warruga Street, ☏ . Cabins, caravans, camping, swimming pool, camp kitchen, under-cover gas barbecues, TV lounge plus playground for children. With avocado orchard and Wi-Fi internet access.
- Mapleton Cabins and Caravan Park, ☏ . Obi Obi Road.
- Mapleton Springs B&B, 87 Spring Pastures Drive, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 2.00pm, check-out: 10.00am. New accommodation as of 2019, away from main roads. Solar heated infinity edge pool, spa with a view and sauna on premises. During the cooler months there is an open fire in the lounge room. Movies can be viewed in their cinema room. A selection of drinks and snacks are available for purchase. Rooms from $170.
- Obilo Lodge, ☏ . Obi Obi Road. Bed and breakfast on five acres of natural rainforest.
- Taman Sari, 226 Obi Obi Road, ☏ . Private, self-contained pavilions with tropical gardens and broadband internet.
- QCCC Mapleton, 70 Obi Obi Rd, ☏ . Highly sought after conference and camping facility also boasting an outdoor education program. Accommodation for 240 guests, four swimming pools, meeting hall for 600 people, climbing wall, canoeing lake, abseil tower, archery.