Brighton is a popular beach suburb amongst both Melburnians and tourists alike. During the Summer, finding somewhere to lay down your towel on the beach can be a difficult task, as thousands flock the suburb on hot days. In addition, Brighton Beach is known for its famous, brightly-coloured bathing boxes which line the beach for hundreds of metres.
Caulfield is the location of Monash University and the Caulfield Racecourse.
Cranbourne is a booming growth area, and the site of Melbourne's other Royal Botanic Gardens.
Dandenong is a thriving multicultural city, often considered Melbourne's second CBD. It is home to strong Afghan, Indian and African communities, which are reflected in its variety of shops and restaurants.
Pakenham is another fast-growing suburb, and a gateway to the nearby Gippsland region.
Springvale is a multicultural suburb renowned for its Vietnamese culture.
- 901 bus from Melbourne airport connects with Dandenong.
- 1 Brighton Beach and Bathing Boxes. One of Melbourne's favoured beaches, be sure to check out the infamous 'bathing boxes', brightly coloured boxes that are dotted along the sand.
- 2 Jewish Holocaust Centre.
- 3 Monash University Museum of Art. Monash University is one of the major tertiary institutions in Melbourne.
- 4 Rippon Lea Estate. A heritage-listed historic house and gardens.
- 5 Old Cheese Factory, 34-68 Homestead Rd, Berwick.
- 6 Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne, Cnr Ballarto Road and Botanic Drive, Cranbourne (Enter via cnr Ballarto Road and Botanic Drive, Cranbourne), ☏ . 9AM-5PM, daily. Closed on Christmas Day..
- 7 Drum Theatre (The Drum), Corner Lonsdale and Walker streets, Dandenong, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 10am - 4pm, Monday - Friday. Opened in February 2006, Drum Theatre is a state-of-the-art, purpose built performing arts theatre within the heritage facade of the former Dandenong Town Hall, and situated in the heart of the Dandenong CBD.
- 8 Myuna Farm, 182 Kidds Rd, Doveton (Travel east along Clow St, a 1.4km walk from Dandenong Plaza.), ☏ . 10am to 4pm, everyday of the year. $8 each, Group of four $28.
- 1 Lysterfield Park (Lysterfield Lake), Horswood Road, Lysterfield. Sunrise to sunset. Mountain Bike Trails including the State Mountain Bike course offers 20 kilometres of trails catering for riders of all ages and ability. The lake is very popular for canoeing, sailing, paddle boating and surf skiing. There are also a number of walking tracks including three trails that are linked for a brisk two-hour walk around the lake. Free.
- 2 Caulfield Racecourse. Site of dozens of horse-racing events throughout the year.
- 1 Dandenong Market, 40 Cleeland Street, Dandenong VIC 3175, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Open every Sunday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. Founded in 1866, Dandenong Market is Melbourne’s second oldest and second largest market. Fruit and veggie, bakeries, delis, seafood, butchers, honey, nuts, clothing, jewellery, flowers and books.
- 2 Fountain Gate shopping centre.
- Dandenong Ranges
- Frankston - Take the 901 bus.
- Phillip Island - Take the bus.
- Melbourne - By Train. 
- Melbourne Airport - 901 Bus  or Airport Shuttle - a much faster more expensive option than the 901 bus. 
- Mornington Peninsula