Biliran is an island province in the Eastern Visayas, between Leyte Island and Samar Island.
- 1 – the capital of the province
It is bounded on the south by Carigara Bay, Samar Sea on the east, north by the Visayas Sea and the strait of Biliran on the west. A bridge connects Biliran island to Leyte Island. The province has many smaller islands and islets, beautiful and pristine white sand beaches and waterfalls.
There are two spoken languages in the island: Waray which is spoken on the east side including Caibiran facing Samar, and Cebuano which is spoken on the west side facing Cebu. Cebuano and Waray are dominant in the capital town of Naval.
By bus and shuttle van
Aircon shuttle vans and buses run to Naval from Tacloban City and Ormoc City, both on Leyte Island, via the inter-island bridge. The Manila–Naval route is served by several major bus lines. The shuttle vans from Tacloban are faster than the buses, taking just over 2 hours; fare: ₱150 for Duptours-₱190.
The fastest way to get to Biliran is to fly to Daniel Z. Romualdez Airport (TAC IATA) in Tacloban City, then travel by land. The airport is served by major carriers such as Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines and Air Asia. There are about 9 regular flights between Metro Manila and Tacloban City. There are shuttles from the airport to Tacloban City Bus Terminal, to catch a bus or shuttle to Naval.
Travelers can also connect through Mactan-Cebu International Airport in Metro Cebu and connect by ferry to Ormoc where aircon shuttle vans connect the trip to Naval.
Provide direct voyage from Naval to Cebu City. Ordinary fare, tourist and cabin accommodations are available. Shipping Schedule
- MV Super Shuttle Ferry 5 +63 53 500 9942, Cebu to Naval: Monday and Wednesday at 8PM, return Tuesday and Thursday at 8PM. Fare/Person: Economy: ₱450, Tourist: ₱550
The habal-habal (motorcycle) is the most common mode of transportation as most of the roads outside the main highway are rough and rougher. Haggle with the driver to get the best possible rates or hire on a per-day basis. there are also several buses that make the cross-country trip from Naval to the Eastern coastal town of Caibiran, taking over 1.5–2 hours, one way.
- Higatangan Island
- Sambawan Island
- Dalutan Island
- Capiñahan Island
- Maripipi Island
- Tinago Falls
- Kasabangan Falls
- Busai Falls
- Kinaraha Cascades
- Ulan-Ulan Falls
- The Museo de Panamao. (at the Provincal Capitol.). 8AM-5PM. free.
- Metro Bank, Ballesteros Street. 24-hour ATM. Has a Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- Prince Supermarket, P Remedioa Street. 8AM-7PM.
- PNB Bank, Caneja Street. 24-hour ATM. Has a Visa Card ATM.
- D Jan Dells Cabin, Padre Inocentes Garcia Street, ☏ +63 53 5009784. Check-out: noon. Fan/a.c. single/double room with own bathroom and cable TV. from ₱300.
- G V Hotel, Padre Inocentes Street, ☏ +63 53 5007844. Check-out: noon. A.C. single/double rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. ₱500/₱650.
- Marvins Seaside Inn, ☏ +63 53 5009171. A.C. single/double with own bathroom. Has a swimming pool. from ₱800.
- Biliran Garden Resort, Sitio Lomboy Calumpang, ☏ +63 53 5009233. Check-out: noon. A.C. single/double with own bathroom cable TV. from ₱1300.
Proximize Internet Cafe in the Municipality of Cabucgayan for high speed broadband