Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Odda Church.
- 1 Røldal Stave Church. Constructed between 1200 and 1250
- 2 Trolltunga. One of Norway's best known mountain formations. Warning: The hike is long and strenuous and ascends into the high barren plateau. This is only for fit and experienced hikers with proper gear. Sturdy hiking boots/shoes, windproof long jackets, long pants and warm layer is needed even in summer. Snow often remains into mid summer. A long hike like this can not be done in autumn when days are getting short. Early start is necessary in August and September. There has been fatal accidents and numerous rescue operations. Visitors that are unsure should cancel or go with a local guide. Season: July through September.
- 3 Folgefonna National Park, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 4 Folgefonna (glacier). 24 h. One the large glaciers in Norway, Hardanger's main glacier, between Sørfjorden and main Hardangerfjord. Visible from a long distance because of its elevation above the deep fjords around. On clear days it is visible from Bergen and from the ocean. Arms of the big glacier stretch into the valleys below, for instance at Odda (Buerbreen) and Mauranger (Bondhusbreen in Sunndal). Summer ski resorts on the glacier. Caution: Hiking the glacier is only for experts, do not attempt a hike outside marked trails at the ski resort on your own. Free.
- 5 Buerbreen (glacier), Odda. 24 h. Buerbreen arm of Folgefonna glacier, visible from road 13 at Sandvin lake. Road up valley towards Buer.
- 6 Låtefossen waterfall (Road 13 south from Odda). 24 h. The most popular of the waterfalls in the "valley of waterfalls". A 160 meters high cascade fall. Road 13 crosses the flow on a fine bridge and mist from the cascade keeps the road wet. Free.
- 7 Tyssedal power plant and museum, Tyssedal at Odda (Road 13). Monumental and stylish power plant building from early industrialization, now hosting the Norwegian museum of industry and hydro power. The architects were inspired by Italian cathedrals. The building is protected cultural heritage and is nominated to the UNESCO world heritage list. Named "building of the century" in Hordaland county.