- For other places with the same name, see Ono (disambiguation).
There is a direct bus and train link with Fukui City.
- 1 Ono Castle (大野城). Adults ¥200.
- Hokyoji Monastery - this beautiful Soto Zen monastery located in the hills on the outskirts of the town displays an original self-portrait of Zen Master Dogen.
- Tera-Machi - a street of historic temples.
- Learn zazen (Buddhist meditation) - many Westerners have studied with Sasagawa Roshi at his temple in the foot hills around Ono. Tel:+81 779 660-325 (some spoken Japanese would be helpful).
- Shichiken Asa-ichi (七間朝市) - fresh local vegetables are sold at the morning street market.
Ono offers many options for outdoor lovers. There are several ski areas within a 45min drive of the city, and in summer the Kuzuryu river and Manahime Lake are beautiful spots for kayaking or camping.
|Routes through Ono|
|Fukui ← Eiheiji ←||W E||→ Gujyo → Takayama|
|Kanazawa ← Nonoichi ← Katsuyama ←||N S||→ Motosu → Gifu|
|END ←||N S||→ Motosu → Seki|