Northern Mozambique is a region in Mozambique. It includes the provinces of Cabo Delgado, Nampula, and Niassa.
- Cuamba - in Niassa Province, mostly used as a transport hub, as it is on the railway line from Nacala Port to Malawi (throw Entre-Lagos a small village of Mecanhelas district) and Lichinga
- Ilha de Mozambique - was the capital of the country under Portuguese rule, now a quiet and beautifully atmospheric island town in Nampula Province. It is a World Heritage Site.
- Lichinga - a temperate town with an international airport, it is the capital of Niassa Province
- Metangula - a wonderful small town on the shores of Lake Malawi (Lake Niassa) in Niassa Province, the administrative centre for the Lake District and the gate way to Cobue and the Manda Wilderness Project.
- Pemba in Cabo Delgado Province, well-known for its beaches and potential for scuba diving, and has an international airport receiving flights from nearby African countries
- Nampula a non-descript town in Nampula Province, the largest in the north of the country, but with little of interest to the traveler
- Mocimboa da Praia - a border town in Cabo Delgado Province for backdoor crossing into Tanzania
- Quirimbas Islands - a chain of nearly 30 beautiful islands, part of the Quirimbas National Park, including:
- Ibo Island, boasting intriguing historical and fascinating sites. Since 1761 it was used as a springboard for trading in slaves and ivory. Now a colonial ghost town, with the island featuring mangroves, coral and palms.
- Matemo 100km north of Pemba and approximately 2400 hectares in size. It has palm groves, palm vegetation and pristine beaches and well as two indigenous villages. The island features the upmarket Matemo Island Resort, offering 24 chalets, a restaurant, bar, a pool and kilometers of beaches. Each chalet is said to be within 10 meters of the beach and has a large verandah with a hammock. The resort offers flights to and from Pemba, included in the price of accommodation. Prices for bed in a standard double room and breakfast, per person sharing, range from US$288 to US$346 (info: 2006). Tel. Johannesburg reservations +27-11-465-6904, Maputo reservations +258-1-303-618, resort itself +258-21-71-5000/1/2; email email@example.com, 
- Medjumbe - private island 1 hour north of Pemba by aircraft
- Lake Niassa - Untouched and unexplored REAL Africa, crystal clear waters and sugar white sands.
- Niassa Game Reserve - a truly wild part of Africa, ideal for the adventurous traveller.
Cabo Delgado Car rental - http://www.pembarentacar.com