Asia > South Asia > Pakistan > Punjab (Pakistan) > Southern Punjab > Rahimyar Khan
Rahim Yar Khan city is one of the few cities in the world that are still at their pioneering stage since the formation of cities like London and Damascus. It has been renamed customarily amid last 5000 years. The first known name was Aror or Alor, and then it became the City of Pattan, Phul Wada, Noshehra and now Rahim Yar Khan.
Rahim Yar Khan is one of the modern district headquarter cities in Punjab. Although the city seems a far off place to those living in Lahore, Karachi or Islamabad, it has very good civic facilities. It is connected with rest of Pakistan by air, rail and road and all types of telecommunication links are available. The city has good educational facilities in public, and Sheikh Zayed Medical College and Khawja Fareed Engineering University is the latest addition to these.
PIA has regular non stop flights to Rahim Yar Khan from Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad. PIA also operates an international flight from Abu Dhabi. AirBlue flies from Karachi also.
If you want to be here by train then Rahim Yar Khan is connected to all of Pakistan by railway lines.
If you want to come by road you have so many options but the "President Line" or "Daewoo Express" are best.
- Bhong Mosque
- City Park
- Telenor Park
- Abu Dhabi Palace
- Sheikh khalifa Park
- Rangers Park
- Borjan. Very wide range of shoes in a very reasonable price. They know the art of salesmanship so one can get shoes up to his/her satisfaction level.
- Bareeze. One of the famous brands for ladies’ and kids’ wear. It has a huge collection of un-stitched material especially for brides.
- Junaid Jamshaid. Has a good collection for groom's wear and for those who want to buy something special for their husband or fiancé. Its neran’g (women's un-stitched wear) is also very famous locally. Price are quite reasonable as far as cloths are concerned but ladies' hand bags are quite expensive though unique.
- Sha posh. Ladies' and kids' wear in very reasonable prices. One can find very good stuff and material in stitched and un-stitched cloths.
- Chen One. Good variety of accessories rather than that of cloths or shoes, in modern styles.
- 1 Time Garments, Jinnah/old Sadiq Bazar,behind New Sadiq Bazar,Mashraqi Street, Rahim Yar Khan (Via Shahi Road,City Rahim Yar Khan), ✉ email@example.com. 10AM-9PM. It is a Place at which every kind of Men's Garments(Dress pent,shirt/Jeanes/Trousers/T-shirt etc) are available at low price.
The local standard of food is very high.
Liquor is available, but there is no formal liquor-shop in the town.
Lussi or lussie, a drink made with beaten yogurt and milk, can arguably be called a local drink. After shaking the milk and yogurt to an extent when butter is topped, the rest of the liquid is called a form of lussi; it can be consumed sweet or sour with the salt.
Another local drink is called satoo; made of roasted ground barley with sugar, it is also believed the best drink to counter the heat of the long summer of the region.
Rahim Yar Khan and its suburbs are also believed to be the best mango-producing region in the world, so drink the juices of the fruit in season. Falsa (blackberry) juice is also a popular drink.
- Al Umair Hotel, Bano Market Rahim Yar Khan, Ph# 068-5884102
The area code for Rahim Yar Khan is 68. To dial from within Pakistan, dial 068-xxx-xxxx The Police emergency number is 115.