North America > Canada > Atlantic Canada > New Brunswick > Southeastern New Brunswick > Shédiac
Shédiac is in New Brunswick.
Shediac is a French-Acadian community located at about a 15 minute drive from Moncton, New Brunswick. A sort of resort town, Shediac boasts many public and private beaches, quaint bed and breakfasts, and ok food! It is quite active during the summer months and not so much the rest of the year as it is a tourist community.
Most transportation options other than driving include some connection in Moncton, New Brunswick, the closest metropolitan area 20 km west of Shediac.
The Greater Moncton International Airport is on Route 15 in Dieppe, a fifteen minute drive from Shediac.
Moncton Via Rail station is located 15 minute drive from Shediac.
- From Moncton (highway): New Brunswick Route 15 East.
- Moncton (scenic) : New Brunswick Route 134 East.
- From North Eastern New Brunswick: Route 11 South.
- From Nova Scotia: Trans-Canada to Route 15 East in Moncton until Shediac.
- From Maine: I-95 to 95 to Route 2 East.
Getting around Shediac is easiest with a motor vehicle, however depending on where you are staying it is easy to get around the little town on foot or bicycle. Main Street connects most of the main tourist attractions in Shediac, though traffic is heavy in the summertime.
- Parlee Beach Provincial Park, Beautiful beach boasting the warmest water north of Virginia. $10 per car entry/$60 season pass. Restaurant, changing facilities, canteen, shops, cottages all available. VERY busy during the summer months.
- Plage L'Aboiteau Another beautiful beach, 10 minute drive outside central Shediac. Full restaurant, changing facilities available only steps from the beach.
- Pointe-du-Chene Wharf, From your seat in one of the restaurants, gaze into the ocean, take a look at the many boats who call the wharf home. Or, do as the locals often do and take a jump off the pier to cool off after a warm day in the sun.
- Lobster Festival A fun-filled week of just about everything in Shediac. Fun for the family, parties for the adults, lobster for everyone!
Many shops are located around the city, mostly within the Main Street/downtown district.
Shediac has some of the finest cuisine in Atlantic Canada, especially seafood!
- Green House on Main, 406 Main St., Fine cuisine.
- Gabi'z Restaurant, 296 Main St. Located in the Auberge Gabriele.
- Maison Tait, 293 Main St. Fantastic food, located in an Inn on Main Street.
- Four Seas Restaurant, 634 Main Street. Great seafood.
- Captain Dan's, Located on Point-du-Chene Wharf. A local hangout. Great atmosphere. If you're looking for a fun time, check out Captain Dan's any night of the week, you're bound to find like-minded locals and tourists alike.
- Cachet Acadien Bed & Breakfast, 401 Main Street, ☎ .
Seagull Motel and Chalets http://www.motelseagull.com [dead link] 3808 Rte 134 Shediac Bridge, NB E4R 1T5 506-532-2530 1-888-465-8555
|Routes through Shédiac|
|Bathurst ← Miramichi ←||N S||→ END|
|END ← Moncton ←||W E||→ Jct W E → END|