Torcello is an island north of Venice in Italy.
Vaporetto from Venice and Punta Sabbioni.
The island is small and entirely walkable. The cathedral, museum, and inns are a 10 to 15-minute stroll down Fondamenta Borgognoni, a path along the canal, from the vaporetto stop. You can also take a gondola down the canal to the cathedral.
- Archaeological Museum (Museo archaeologico), Palazzo del Consiglio (Vaporetto line 12 to Torcello), ☏ . Nov-Feb 10-17, Mar to Oct 10.30-17.30. Collection of Greek and Roman finds, archaeological finds from the estuary from Paleo-Veneto and Etruscan periods. € 3.00, reduced € 1.50.
- 1 [dead link] Basilica S.M.Assunta, ☏ . Nov to Feb 10-17, Mar to Oct 10.30-17.30. Precious mosaics in the oldest cathedral in the lagoon of Venice. Campanile closed for restoration. Adults €5, reduced €4.
- 1 Osteria al Ponte del Diavolo, Fondamenta dei Borgognoni, 10/11, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tue–Sun 11AM–5PM, dinner by reservation. approx. €25–€50.
- 2 Ristorante al Trono di Attila, Via Borgognoni, 7/A, ☏ , ✉ Info@Altronodiattila.it. Lunch daily, evenings Fri Sat May-Sept and by reservation (min. 8/10 people). approx. €15–€35.
- 1 Locanda Cipriani, Piazza Santa Fosca 29, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Mar to Dec, restaurant closed Tue. A rustic and romantic 5-room inn that has hosted several famous guests, including Ernest Hemingway, who wrote Across the River and into the Trees here. Rooms have no TVs but instead a small selection of books. Also has a popular restaurant (reservation required). From €140.00 per person per night; half-board €50 extra.