Ursynów is a district of Warsaw. It is a primarily residential district, constructed from the late 1970s onwards, with the prominent use of plattenbau (prefabricated concrete elements). It therefore has very few historic buildings and indeed very few places of interest to most tourists. Due to the metro line crossing it, it is however a very convenient place for medium- and long-term accommodation, and the Warsaw University of Life Sciences (SGGW) has its main campus within the district, so many students and faculty would be based there.
The name comes from Julian Ursyn Niemcewicz, whose middle name Ursyn is derived from Latin ursus meaning a bear. Ursynów is further divided into Dąbrówka, Grabów, Imielin, Jeziorki, Kabaty, Las Kabacki, Natolin, Pyry, Skarpa Powsińska, Stary Ursynów, Ursynów Północny and Wyczółki.
- There are five metro stations in Ursynów. From north to south, the metro stations are: Ursynów, Stokłosy, Imielin, Natolin, and Kabaty. With the metro, it's possible to get to Centrum in 10-20 minutes.
- From the Warsaw Chopin Airport, the most direct connection is the bus line 148, which goes straight from the terminal towards Ursynów, stopping in. al. at Metro Imielin.
- By car, you can get to Ursynów by driving down Puławska (extends south from Marszałkowska) or Aleja Niepodległości (which extends south from Aleja Jana Pawła II, eventually merges with Puławska) from the city centre. Puławska is also a major entry point to Warsaw itself, so visitors driving in from the south can use it as well.
- The Pheasantry Palace (Pałac Bażantarnia) ul. Nowoursynowska 84
- The «Delight» Palace (Pałac «Rozkosz») ul. Nowoursynowska 166
- Kabacki Forest near Wilanów article). . You can walk through the forest to the Park of Culture and the Botanical Garden (read about them in the
- Jar ul. Koński Jar 6
- Multikino, al. KEN 60, ☎ .
- Gymnasion Sports Center, ul. Puławska 427, ☎ .
- Basen SGGW, ul. Ciszewskiego 10, ☎ .
- REAL ul. Puławska 427. Hypermarket.
- Kangurek, al. KEN 93 (get off at the stoklosy subway station.), ☎ . Small supermarket, right beside the "STOKLOSY" subway station.Kangurek also have home delivery. average.
- MarcPol, ul. Dereniowa 8 (get off at stoklosy subway station), ☎ . Small supermarket, decent prices, good selection of meats and alcohols. right at the stoklosy subway station.
- outdoor bazaar/market, Indiry Gandhi and Cynamonowa (1 block from Imielin subway station (From the Multikino go towards Cynamonowa street , once there turn right walk about 20 meters, it will be on your right.). Its an outdoor bazaar, excellent prices, super fresh produce, veggies, friuts and meats. Better than a supermarket. Mingle with the locals. cheap. cheap.
- Holiday Inn Express Warsaw Airport, Poleczki 32, ☎ , fax: +48 22373 37 05. Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 15:00. You may feel smarter if you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night and the breakfast and WiFi are free obviously, but the hotel is a bit in the middle of nowhere next to an office park and in front of a busy turnpike leading to the airport. There is a shuttle to the airport at scheduled times. Parking costs 20 PLN a night. 195 PLN.