Weißenburg in Bayern
Weißenburg in Bayern is in Middle Franconia. The German spelling of the city's name should be read as "Weissenburg", with the "ß" character standing for "ss".
Weißenburg was a free imperial city for 500 years.
With train from Nuremberg or Ingolstadt, you can join the regional train (not ICE) in direction Treuchtlingen. Weißenburg has an own train station.
With car you can reach Weißenburg easy on the national highway "B2".
Around the whole city you will find supermarkets called Aldi, Marktkauf, Norma, Penny. In the old city of Weißenburg you will find clothes stores, bakeries and turkish fast food stores.
Lots of traditional restaurants around. The quality of food is generally quite high. Main courses about €8-15, half liter of beer for €3-5.
- Al Forno Ristorante, Nördliche Ringstraße 37, ☎ .
- Andreas Stuben, Rosenstraße 18, ☎ , fax: +49 9141 8737920.
- Antichi Sapori Romani, Judengasse 25, ☎ .
- Bräustüberl Zur Kanne, Bachgasse 15, ☎ . Tu-So 10.30–14.00 and 17.30–24.00. Original interior nearly untouched since 1890.
- Hotel Restaurant Goldener Adler, Marktplatz 5, ☎ , fax: +49 9141 855633.
- Hotel Restaurant Schwarzer Bär, Marktplatz 13, ☎ , fax: +49 9141 92443.
- Löwengarten Restaurant, Westliche Ringstr. 36, ☎ . Greek and German food.
- Mai Thai, Bismarckanlage 16, ☎ .
- Steakhaus El Toro, Obertorstr. 5, ☎ .
- Brombachsee lake with three parts in the North with lots of spare time activities.
- Gunzenhausen with nearby Altmühlsee
- Altmühl nature reserve
- Altmühl valley
- Fossa Carolina is a former 3 km long channel between Altmühl and the Rezat built in 793 near Treuchtlingen. It effectively connected the river systems of the Rhein heading to the North sea with the Danubian river system going to the Black Sea.