Porbandar is the birthplace of Mahatma Gandhi. Majority of the people here belongs to Kharwa community which mainly deals with fishing as their profession.
Porbandar is between Dwarka and Somnath. Buses to Porbandar are available from everywhere in Gujarat.
Porbandar is well connected with Ahmedabad, Jamnagar, Rajkot, Surat, Agra, Allahabad, Gaya, Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow etc. by direct trains. Although, for going to south India, it is advised to go via Ahmedabad.
- Kirti Mandir (Birthplace of Mahatma Gandhi)
- Shri Hari Mandir (Sandipani Ashram) almost 7 km towards Junagadh.
- Sudama mandir in the city
- Ram Krishna Mission
- Chowpati Beach
- RangBai Tample Beach
- Tara Mandir: Tara is Gujarati for stars. Tara Mandir houses a planetarium which is among the first two planetariums started in India by Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Sandipani Vidyaniketan
- Ram Dhoon Mandir
- Rokadia Hanuman temple
- Rana Bapu's Mahal
- Khajli from Anand Hotel near Rupali Baug
- Khajli is the famous Porbandar food item
Sukan's Khajli in Ahmedabad is a leading brand which provides as well as supplies Khajli in and out of India.